Attire & Accessories Forum

I have a lot of dresses for a lot of pre-wedding events?

BeaSpringBeaSpring member
First Comment
Hi girls, i have a "no budget" wedding but i'm not having 200 guests or similar because i think that money doesn't always mean trashy....so i'm going to have an elegant wedding and i've bought a lot of dresses for all the events you americans usually have before getting married (cause i love the USA and i'm gonna marry a gorgeous amrican guy).
I'm from Europe and from where i come from is not usual to have an engagement party, a bridal shower, a rehasal dinner and so on!
So i don't want to look egocentric or narcissist with all these parties...i mean i love your culture, is amazing but i don't know what to do, i want to have those funny events but i'm very worried for what people are gonna think. What should i do?

I'm posting all the dresses here so if you want you can tell me what you think about them.

Best Answers

Re: I have a lot of dresses for a lot of pre-wedding events?

• I really want to help you, but there's no time. Don't you know there was pink font used over on CC, FFS?!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Um... I think they're all rather over the top for pre-wedding events? 

If I could flounce around in the ballerina style I would, but guess I'm just not that fancy. 

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    BeaSpring said:
    Hi girls, i have a "no budget" wedding but i'm not having 200 guests or similar because i think that money doesn't always mean trashy....so i'm going to have an elegant wedding and i've bought a lot of dresses for all the events you americans usually have before getting married (cause i love the USA and i'm gonna marry a gorgeous amrican guy).
    I'm from Europe and from where i come from is not usual to have an engagement party, a bridal shower, a rehasal dinner and so on!
    So i don't want to look egocentric or narcissist with all these parties...i mean i love your culture, is amazing but i don't know what to do, i want to have those funny events but i'm very worried for what people are gonna think. What should i do?

I'm posting all the dresses here so if you want you can tell me what you think about them.
    I don't even know what we're talking about here?
  • Which event goes with which dress? Because honestly, each of those could actually be worn as a wedding dress. And the one with the crazy sleeves looks super costume-y and probably is not appropriate for anything short of a fashion show runway or maaaaybe a red carpet. Even then it's 50/50 odds on being on the worst dressed list or the best.
  • This is a weird thread.

• I'm going to more this to Attire and Accessories. It isnt an etiquette question.
  • Those dresses are all too fancy for pre-wedding events.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Has anyone offered to throw you any pre-wedding events OP? That would be the first thing. You don't host parties in your own honor.
  • I am calling it....the OP is 14 years old and dreaming about the day she will get married...because isnt this the type of thing we all thought at that age? "Budget" will be no problem and we can buy 5 different dress because we would be marrying a movie star and need red carpet attire for our pre-wedding parties thrown by Hollywood royalty.
  • What pre-wedding events have people offered to host for you? And what can you tell us about those events/formality/venue/etc.? That will considerably influence what to wear to what.

At this point, the only dress that seems normal for a pre-wedding event (and a relatively fancy one at that..) is the knee length one with the v-back.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards