Moms and Maids

parents of the bride giftsm help!

help! my parents are giving us $15,000 for our wedding and paying for my shower and rehearsal dinner ! i really want to give them nice thoughtful gifts not just some cheap trinket that says "mother of the bride" or "father of the bride" i got my dad a photo frame with our song lyrics engraved in it and i got my mom a custom hand stamped bracelet that says "All that i am i owe to you, mom" 
any other meaningful ideas i can get them? my mom has some pretty expensive diamond jewelry so i don't want to get her any other jewerly because she wouldn't really wear it or if she did it would to be nice to me lol

Re: parents of the bride giftsm help!

• kaytipie said:
    help! my parents are giving us $15,000 for our wedding and paying for my shower and rehearsal dinner ! i really want to give them nice thoughtful gifts not just some cheap trinket that says "mother of the bride" or "father of the bride" i got my dad a photo frame with our song lyrics engraved in it and i got my mom a custom hand stamped bracelet that says "All that i am i owe to you, mom" 
    any other meaningful ideas i can get them? my mom has some pretty expensive diamond jewelry so i don't want to get her any other jewerly because she wouldn't really wear it or if she did it would to be nice to me lol

I would write them a really lovely letter, something heartfelt about how much they mean to you. 
  • My parents paid for our entire wedding and my Mom helped out with my shower.  I did not get them any presents.  What I did do was write them a very heartfelt thank you note, told them that I loved them very much and gave them lots of hugs.  I know my parents and I know that a gift wouldn't have meant nearly as much as me telling them that I appreciate them and that I love them.  And really no gift that I could have bought would have been able to express how grateful I was for not only their contribution to the wedding, but for raising me and always being there for me.

• We also wrote our parents nice letters. In addition to that, after we got our pictures back, we made each set of parents a photo album of the day which they loved!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    My parents are also contributing to our wedding, and my mom made it perfectly clear to me that all she wanted int return from us was a nice photo album from our wedding. I'll also write them a nice letter of gratitude to go with the photo album. We are going to do the same for FI's parents.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Another vote for a heartfelt letter.  Anyone can buy a cool gift.  A deep and thoughtful letter really lets them know you took time to appreciate them.  Also, it's kind of awkward to get a large gift specifically for the wedding and then spend a large chunk of it on a gift back to them. It kind of defeats the purpose of the gift.  They obviously gave it to you for a reason, and I'm sure it wasn't so you could buy them a super expensive gift back.  I like the letter and photo album idea too.  

• I like the letter and photo album ideas.  You don't need to give expensive gifts to your parents beyond those.
  • I've been working on filling this book out for my mom & I know she is going to love it. I agree with PP that it's more about the heartfelt sentiment than the cost. The book is less than $20, but it's taking me months to fill it all out and she is going to cry ALL the tears. 

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/books/mom-i-ve-always-wanted-to-tell-you
  • Write a very meaningful letter! I did go to Wal-Mart and found a cute photo/canvas with a saying about family and attached the card to that. No matter how much they spend nothing is as sweet at a hand written letter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards