Chit Chat
Options

Gushing about my husband

This week, my husband has pulled out all of the stops.  He has surprised me so many times by his thoughtfulness. So, for our wedding (last year), H forgot to freeze the top tier of our cake and left it at his father's house.  This year, he went to his aunt and asked her if she could bake us an anniversary cake.  I had no idea.  I asked her the same day if she could bake us a cake, and she seemed hesitant.  Then she told me that H wanted to have a cake made and wanted to surprise me.  Then he told me to get a new dress because he made reservations for one of my favorite restaurants, and he's taking off work in the afternoon, today, to go kayaking with me. His thoughtfulness has really made last week end on a high note. I am so lucky to have him in my life.  I can't wait to celebrate our one year anniversary on Saturday <3  Ladies, what sweet or thoughtful things has your SO done for you?

Re: Gushing about my husband

• Options
    That is so sweet.

I've go nothing.   I did some hard core cleaning yesterday and for his appreciation he left his clothes on the floor.     Grr.

September can't come fast enough.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Don't ya love when they surprise you like that?!?  That's super sweet::).

I get awful knots in my right shoulder so FI bought me a gift certificate for an hour long deep tissue massage and he included the tip!

Come on 6pm!!
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary ShesSo Cold!!

DH is always amazing.  He came to Slide the City with me, even though he didn't want to go.  He said after that he had a lot of fun though.  But he's always running downstairs to grab me snacks, hot/cold packs, etc.  He's great about doing lots of nice little things that really don't matter, but make life a bit easier.  Oh, and he reads all of my papers for Uni and tells me if they makes sense.  

I could go on abut all of the little things, but I have to get back to class.  

• Options
    OP, that's freakin adorable. 

Over the weekend, FI and I decided to have a night in on Saturday and get drunk at the apt, so we binge watched a few movies that had been on our list and polished off (almost) two bottles of wine. 

FI never gets hungover but knew I would be, so he had a green-tea lemonade from Starbucks (my favorite) and a stack of pancakes waiting for me when I woke up.
  • Options
    My husband surprised me today with an Apple TV so I can watch Netflix on the big screen in the bedroom via iPad. Previously, we could only watch on the big screen in the den. A couple years ago, I came home from a trip to my hometown to find a surprise big screen TV in the bedroom. I'm a TV junkie, so he definitely knows the way to my heart. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My fiance loves music, but tends to only listen to it while he can do something else- drive, wash dishes, etc.

But he sat through a 6 hour folk music festival with me yesterday and only fell asleep once near the end. 

He's much more of a home body than even I am and this was the one day this week we got to spend together, so for him to do this with me was pretty great.  And he bought me a hot dog!
  • Options
    beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Don't know if I posted this yet, but DH had pneumonia and we missed a scheduled beach weekend because of it. Once he got better, he bought me peonies (the same flowers he brought me on our first date) and told me how much he appreciated me taking care of him and how much I mean to him. I thought it was the sweetest gesture!

I just have to say, I love that we gush about our SOs here. I went out last weekend for a girls' night and one of the ladies (friend of a friend) would not stop talking crap about her husband. They have only been married about 4 years, but it just seemed like she was annoyed by everything he did. For example, he surprised her with a vacation to the Dominican Republic 2 days after she took the bar exam. All she had to say about it was that she was pissed he only gave her "one day to pack". I mean, really, what the fuck?! It makes me thankful for DH and the love and respect we have for one another.

ETA: formatting

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @ShesSoCold you're not a terrible wife, happy anniversary! {ps I heard the song your name is from this past weekend and thought of you!}

Mine randomly tends to make eggs. He hates eggs but knows how I enjoy them {scrambled and what can be described as "wet but not runny"} If we have eggs, I'll randomly wake up to him making me breakfast.

Actually, recently I had a meltdown at an outdoor concert and instead of trying to calm me down he allowed me to just drag him out. {legit dragging since I was so focused on leaving the situation} He knows sometimes in those situations he needs to follow me lead and basically refocus my attention once it's safe.
  • Options
    Awww. Op you are lucky.

I also got treated to new clothes, and a nice restaurant a couple weeks ago. It made.me feel like a girl again instead of a mom with no makeup and a messy bun.
    He planned the whole date night by himself. It was soon nice.
  • Options
    Don't know if I posted this yet, but DH had pneumonia and we missed a scheduled beach weekend because of it. Once he got better, he bought me peonies (the same flowers he brought me on our first date) and told me how much he appreciated me taking care of him and how much I mean to him. I thought it was the sweetest gesture!

I just have to say, I love that we gush about our SOs here. I went out last weekend for a girls' night and one of the ladies (friend of a friend) would not stop talking crap about her husband. They have only been married about 4 years, but it just seemed like she was annoyed by everything he did. For example, he surprised her with a vacation to the Dominican Republic 2 days after she took the bar exam. All she had to say about it was that she was pissed he only gave her "one day to pack". I mean, really, what the fuck?! It makes me thankful for DH and the love and respect we have for one another.

I hear you on that! FI constantly comes home from work grumpy because how poorly his coworker treats his wife. Apparently his co-worker is always talking about 'how mad' his wife is with him and FI has gotten to the point where he actually says to the guy 'dude, I dont blame her!'

It's difficult being in a relationship with a Pilot. It takes a lot of understanding and compromise. I am constantly hearing about FI's friends who's girlfriends/fiances/wives couldnt take it and cut and run. But it makes me feel so good about how strong our relationship is and very appreciative to the work FI puts in to make it easier on me.
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary, muffin! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have Celiac's disease and I prefer to use my own toaster that I know has no cross contamination. Last time I was at my GF's, I had forgotten to bring my toaster down.  But one morning, she surprised me with a lovely breakfast in bed, which consisted of bacon, eggs, and toast (which she made in the oven for me instead).  
  • Options
    @doeydo Idk how your GF made it, but if you bend a wire hanger in half {hard to explain}, you can make toast on the element. I grew up with my granny's husband making toast like that and it tastes better :) also wouldn't have cross contamination! {celiac isn't fun, sucks to hear you have that!}
  • Options

Me too! I don't understand how one half of a couple complains about the other half all the time. It just screams that they don't respect their partner, and it makes me so sad. My parents drilled that into me: Always, always, always respect your partner. I sometimes talk about FI's weird habits with my friends, but I make sure I'm not complaining, just sharing a funny anecdote or story. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I dont have much but to say, how sweet of your H!!!! Sounds like an amazing anniversary! 

For me it meat a lot that I went to visit H this weekend (just 3 more days till I go back to him full time) and I have been kinda sick; getting bad headaches everyday since Tuesday, getting bad stomach cramps in the mornings and having 3 blisters on the inside of my lower lip), well he made me comfort food and gave me lots of hugs and cuddles to make me feel better. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards