Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Organize a Playlist or Shuffle and Call it a Day

We are not hiring a DJ for our brunch wedding / reception.  My fiance and I aren't big dancers, so while we've selected songs to be played at our wedding, we're providing music more as background noise, and of course will have a small dance floor in the event that someone hears a song they just can't resist dancing to.

Would you take the time to organize the order of the songs that will be played at the reception or just put on shuffle and call it a day?

Re: Organize a Playlist or Shuffle and Call it a Day

• Options
    We were thinking of doing the ipod thing, and I would recommend creating a playlist.  You don't want a faster louder dancey song to come on during dinner, for example.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    We were thinking of doing the ipod thing, and I would recommend creating a playlist.  You don't want a faster louder dancey song to come on during dinner, for example.  
    Well, no dinner, but a meal yes.  And a good point that I hadn't though of; thanks.
  • Options
    Well, no dinner, but a meal yes.  And a good point that I hadn't though of; thanks.
    Yeah my MOH did the ipod on shuffle thing at her wedding (which was a DW with only about 45 people) and she said she wished she had done a playlist instead of just letting it go, as it played some songs that didn't quite fit with the course of events.  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards