Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

We've chosen our music! Are breaks ok?

It feels so good to be checking these items off the list. We will have a string trio (two violins and one cello). They will play for the ceremony and reception. They will need some breaks. Do you think we need to have an iPod to plug into the sound system for those breaks, or would it be ok to use that time for toasts, etc? My fiancé work for and met at Disney World. The musicians work there too. They will be mixing classical versions of Disney songs into the reception music. Here is our list of requests. I'd love to hear what people think of what we have chosen. Wedding Music Ideas Prelude Misc chosen by musicians Seating of Mothers Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring, Bach Groom’s Processional Marry Me, Pat Monahan Best Man and Matron of Honor Processional Trumpet Voluntary, Clarke Bridal Processional Bridal Chorus, Wagner Ceremony Music -Unity Candle One Hand, One Heart, Bernstein Recessional Ode to Joy, Beethoven Receiving Line Once Upon a Time from Princess Bride movie, Mark Knopler Reception -Atmosphere -Bride and Groom Dance Bless the Broken Road, Hanna, Hummon, Boyd -Cake Cutting Can't Help Falling in Love, Elvis -Send Off? Should they play as we leave???? *Disney music will be a great addition mixed into the reception music, however no Frozen please!

Re: We've chosen our music! Are breaks ok?

• I think you should definitely have some sort of music during the band breaks, or it will seem quiet.  
    Ask the band if they already have something prepared, or if they can.  Otherwise, create a playlist to be prepared to play for the times no one is toasting, etc...

• Yes, you should have some background music ready to go for their breaks.  Just imagine you have music being played for like 45 minutes and then all of a sudden nothing.  The quiet will be "louder" then the music. Like PP ask the band what they do during breaks, they may already have something in their back pockets.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards