Snarky Brides
Options

Bridesmaids Gift Snark (article)

arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2015 in Snarky Brides
I can't believe some of these brides who thought the gifts they chose would be good ideas. Actually picking out your bridesmaids' shoes??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Gift Snark (article)

• Options
    “My bridesmaids are getting cowgirl boots, pearl necklaces and burlap bags filled with wedding day essentials.“ – Kelsey Nicole Adkins

Sigh.
  • Options
    “I love the idea of giving bridesmaids PJ sets they can all wear to get ready together on the day.” – Camille Styles, CamilleStyles.com

Lol! OH BOY!!!!!!!! Matching PJs I can wear in the middle of the afternoon while I put make up on!!! YAYYYY!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    My favourite is the personalized hangers. That's it? Lame!
    Also the shoes. Had to mention Hunter boots by name as they're $150, and she bought 8?!
  • Options
    My favourite is the personalized hangers. That's it? Lame! Also the shoes. Had to mention Hunter boots by name as they're $150, and she bought 8?!
    Right?!?  Hell no, don't buy my shoes!  The Jack Rogers sandals are super expensive too, and totally not my style.

However, I think the throw idea is very cute and may work well for a December wedding date.  Hmm....
  • Options
    “A male friend who also works in publishing gave me a silver bookmark from Tiffany & Co. engraved with my initials when I served in his wedding party. I think of that friendship every time I see it in my jewelry box.“ – Page Dickinson Edmunds

Is the bookmark in her jewelry box because it's from Tiffany? Does that mean if I buy a bookmark from Safeway I have to keep it in my fridge?
    I just laughed so hard at this I actually snorted.
  • Options
    “A male friend who also works in publishing gave me a silver bookmark from Tiffany & Co. engraved with my initials when I served in his wedding party. I think of that friendship every time I see it in my jewelry box.“ – Page Dickinson Edmunds

Is the bookmark in her jewelry box because it's from Tiffany? Does that mean if I buy a bookmark from Safeway I have to keep it in my fridge?
    Seriously... Is the current book she's reading also in her jewelry box? What's the point of having a bookmark if you don't even use it?!
  • Options
    kikilamp said:

Seriously... Is the current book she's reading also in her jewelry box? What's the point of having a bookmark if you don't even use it?!
    Can you imagine using a $50-125 (according to the website) out in public though? I'd be constantly terrified of losing it. About as useful as a sterling silver phone dialler. 
  • Options
    kikilamp said:

Can you imagine using a $50-125 (according to the website) out in public though? I'd be constantly terrified of losing it. About as useful as a sterling silver phone dialler. 
    I usually have two books going at once.  One in my bag that commutes with me, one at home that I read at night and on the weekends.  So I could use the sterling silver bookmark at home.  But, yes, that would probably just make me feel guilty every time I saw it in my jewelry box, "Why am I not Using this???"
  • Options
    MegEn1 said:
    “My bridesmaids are getting cowgirl boots, pearl necklaces and burlap bags filled with wedding day essentials.“ – Kelsey Nicole Adkins

But why burlap? Such a bad fabric for a bag.
  • Options
    I hate Uggs anyway, but even if I liked them, way to ruin expensive boots with a fucking wedding patch. 

But I love jewelry and wine so personally I don't object to stuff along those lines. Like the woman who received pearls? I dig pearls. But those suckers better be real. White beads don't cut it. 

• Options
    I wouldn't mind if someone else bought me boots.... the boots I have were $300, so if someone wanted to buy me another pair of those, go for it.  But my guess is this thoughtful bride went and bought cheapo fake leather $40 boots for her bridesmaids, maybe with lots of bling and cross decorations on them.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind if someone else bought me boots.... the boots I have were $300, so if someone wanted to buy me another pair of those, go for it.  But my guess is this thoughtful bride went and bought cheapo fake leather $40 boots for her bridesmaids, maybe with lots of bling and cross decorations on them.
    I'd probably refuse to give my shoe size to a bride for whom I was a bridesmaid.  Bride; What's your shoe size?  Me; Why do you ask?  Bride; I wanted to keep it a secret, but if you really must know, I want to buy you a pair of shoes for my wedding.  Me; Oh, wow, how lovely.  Unfortunately I have a lot of foot pain if I wear the wrong shoes.  My size is dependent on the style of shoe and whether or not I have to insert custom orthotics into them.  I think it's really best if you don't buy me shoes.
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    I'd probably refuse to give my shoe size to a bride for whom I was a bridesmaid.  Bride; What's your shoe size?  Me; Why do you ask?  Bride; I wanted to keep it a secret, but if you really must know, I want to buy you a pair of shoes for my wedding.  Me; Oh, wow, how lovely.  Unfortunately I have a lot of foot pain if I wear the wrong shoes.  My size is dependent on the style of shoe and whether or not I have to insert custom orthotics into them.  I think it's really best if you don't buy me shoes.
    That's what I was thinking.  My shoes size is "7 or 7.5 depending on the style, but I have really high arches, slightly wide feet and heel spurs."  Who are these people who can just fit into all generic shoes comfortably and where do I find you to slap you out of sheer jealousy! LOL
  • Options
    As a permanently chilled Canadian, I love the blanket idea.

The rest can go to hell. (But leave me the wine)
  • Options
    Put the blanket with the wine and we have a winner for me! Just make sure to throw in an extra bottle for when I run out of the first OK thanks. 

Shoes? Nope nope nope, sure I would struggle through the night at your wedding with them (or at least the ceremony) but don't think unless you are my best friend who has always gone shoe shopping with me that you are going to buy me something I will wear again. Also a reader and I love an actual book (last wedding I was in I did get a sweet book mark) but the Tiffany book mark? That couldn't be used! It would never leave my house!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    MegEn1 said:

But why burlap? Such a bad fabric for a bag literally anything.

FTFY

I would have loved the wine tour and the Jack Rodgers. Everything else, barf.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    I'm one of those people (sorry!) who's been able to tell brides "just get me any style shoe in a 6.5" when they're doing any sort of dyeables or pump or whatever.  I can wear almost anything.

However, I will never, ever, in a million years own or wear Uggs, those hideous rain boots (no matter what they freakin' cost), any cowboy boots, or any sandals with the strap between my toes (also no matter what they cost).  I'll drop out of the wedding sooner.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    LD1970 said:
    I'm one of those people (sorry!) who's been able to tell brides "just get me any style shoe in a 6.5" when they're doing any sort of dyeables or pump or whatever.  I can wear almost anything.

However, I will never, ever, in a million years own or wear Uggs, those hideous rain boots (no matter what they freakin' cost), any cowboy boots, or any sandals with the strap between my toes (also no matter what they cost).  I'll drop out of the wedding sooner.
    Lucky broad!  I want to kick you while wearing my Hunters LOL.
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    LOL, better learn to run fast in my Timberlands or Nikes then!  Damnit, why didn't I listen to that high school gym teacher?
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards