Nevada-Las Vegas

Wedding Weekend at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

Since I have not seen many reviews for weddings at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas I thought I would share our experience.

Our Wedding Planner Contact was Ashley Marshall and she was awesome. When we arrived she gave me her cell phone and volunteered to meet my mother at check in so she would have no issues with checking in. We also had a 1 hour rehearsal two days before the wedding.

Our wedding was in the wedding suite for 30 people on a Saturday at 1 pm.

The package for the wedding included, 2 hours in the wedding suite for guests and .5 hour prior to the wedding for us to get ready in the bridal suite, flowers, 1 hour of photography, officiant, limo transportation to the court house, and 1.5 hours premium bar with no limits on the number of drinks served.  They also have your wedding planner at the event to handle music and taking care of guests, along with staff in the lobby area to direct guests to the suite.  We added an addition 2 hours of photography so we could have photos taken around the property.  We also added flat bread for appetizers which were awesome.  Our guests loved the casual nature of the wedding suite, a chapel was not our style at all.  I think the package with additional photos, all the photos on CD and the apps was around $6,500.  Yes you can find cheaper but the high level of service was worth the extra money in my opinion.  Plus our guests are heavy drinkers so a open included bar was well worth it.

If your guests book 10 or more rooms you get a free room upgrade and a bottle of champagne.  Guests receive a discount when booking, I was not able to find a lower rate anywhere on the web.  All your guests using your wedding code will get booked in the same tower.  In our case we got the wrap around suite with premium view of the Belligeo fountains and strip. The best view I have ever had in Vegas.  The suite is huge and can easily have 15+ people.

We had no problems bringing up sodas, tons of liquor and wine to our suite. 

We made our own welcome guest boxes and the bell desk delivered them for $5 per room.

We had a two hour break between the wedding and the dinner and reception.  Our guests made them selves comfortable at the Chandler bar while we had photos taken all over the property, including areas not accessible to the general public.

Our dinner and reception was at Milos in a private room and you can expect $100 per person for a 4 course meal, our wedding cake was made at the Cosmo bakery and was delicious and looked exactly like the photo I sent for $250. Guests committed that it was the best wedding dinner food they ever had.

Additional Items we had over our Wedding Weekend.

Thursday Best Friends Dinner at STK steak house for 8, it was awesome! Loud upbeat music with great food.

Spa during the day, the massages were awesome and the spa area is great, service excellent once again. I get a lot of massages and this was tied for the best massage I have ever had.

Friday - Cabana at the Bamboo Pool minimum spend was $750 with over 20 people in and out over the day we for food, drinks and soft drinks we spent $1,900. The service was great and the food was really good for pool side offerings.

Friday night we had a welcome dinner for 30 at Holsteins, concierge helped me find a Elvis impersonator to surprise my partner, he was a HUGE hit. Young Elvis, great singer and got our group going.  The restaurant roped off our area because people from all over the hotel were taking photos and wanted in our area.  The food was good $40 per person including soft drinks.  We added gallon containers of beer and all the guests thought a casual atmosphere was perfect for meeting all the new family and friends.

Sunday we had breakfast for 30 at Wicked Spoon, I think the bill was $1,100 all the guest were sitting in the same area and were able to enter with the invited guest line, again people kept saying it was the best buffet in Las Vegas.

Total Wedding Budget for all events ended up at approximately $19,500 including all the events above for 30, massages, room and a couple of extra meals.

Yes I found less expensive options, but the service and reduced planning needed on my part it was well worth having a fantastic wedding that all the guests raved about the entire weekend.

I would highly recommend The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas for your upscale wedding.

Re: Wedding Weekend at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

• Knottie61771739 Thank you so much for posting this! We are getting married at the Cosmo on Aug 19 and are doing a very similar itinerary.  Which photographer did you use?  If you are open to it, can you post some pictures of the suite?  I have seen it in person when we did our scouting trip but I would love to see it with the floral and with guests in it.  Did you guests mind the unconventional seating? 

We are also doing a cabana at the bamboo pool. Did it ever get really crowded?  I have seen conflicting reviews of that pool, some say it gets packed and other say its really calm and relaxing. 

I am so glad your cake from the Cosmo bakery turned out nice. We also ordered ours through them. 

Your review seriously makes me so excited.  Thanks again for posting.

• xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm so glad you had an amazing experience with Ashley! We did a suite tour & wedding site tour with her shortly after she started with the property.
  • This sounds amazing! Sounds like the perfect wedding weekend :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is awesome, thanks for posting! I'm staying in the wraparound terrace suite too, and we're also looking at booking pool cabanas & a night-after dinner at Holsteins so it's good to hear it all went perfectly :)
  • Had I not put down a deposit for my date prior to scouting - I 110% would have chosen the Cosmopolitan - I luv luv luv it there....Maybe our wedding vow renewal....hmmm, lol
    Anniversary
  • sounds like you had a fab time, we are staying in the Cosmo and using STK and cabanas at some point, thanks for sharing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards