Illinois-Chicago

Engagement Photo Location!??

Hey everyone!

I'm having my engagement photos taken in a month and I'm absolutely at a loss for where to have our pictures taken. Here's what we're looking for, I just don't know where to go to find it!
- we want to be by water so we can do pictures on a pier and on the waterfront (feet in the water, etc.)
- we're pretty outdoorsy so we were also thinking about having them somewhere we could do some hiking/trail pictures
- our wedding theme is travel/vintage. I'm not sure how much that affects our engagement pictures or if they're supposed to correspond with one another. 

Are there any nice state parks or lakes with trails that anyone can think of? 

If anyone has taken pictures somewhere in the Chicagoland area or can think of somewhere that fits what we're looking for, let me know!! We're willing to go up to Wisconsin if necessary or to central IL too, since we're in the west suburbs. 

Thank you all and happy planning =)

Re: Engagement Photo Location!??

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Starved rock in beautiful. Or just go on the lakefront.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think you need to correspond your theme with your engagement pictures. I'd recommend any of the forest preserves around the metropolitan area. If you come into Chicago, Lincoln Park has the ponds with things that resemble trails (hah) and then you can go onto the Lakefront from there really easily. Have fun! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards