Chit Chat
Options

NWR: job interview question

I'd really appreciate your opinions on this. I have a job interview next week and the venue is the same (very small) building that I work in, so it's very likely that my boss or someone in my team will see me. I have taken the day off from work for the interview.

Should I tell my manager that I have an interview so that I don't have to worry about bumping into her and it being extremely awkward? What should I say about why I want to leave? I think that my manager already knows I am thinking of looking for other jobs and she is concerned that I might leave as it would make my team very short staffed. I don't want to leave them in the lurch.

Re: NWR: job interview question

• Options
    I would only address it if you get "caught".  You took the day off so it is none of their business what you do on your own time.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Why DO you want to leave? Can't you just tell her the reason?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It is very nice of you to be concerned about your team, but your career should come first.  Your team will survive if you leave so don't let your manager make you feel bad for even considering leaving.

Unless you are interviewing for a job within your company, you do not have to tell your manager that you are interviewing elsewhere.

If you do bump into your manager I would just be truthful.  You don't have to elaborate but I also don't think you should lie either.

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I'd only address it if it came up and just be honest and say why.  Sounds like it won't be a big secret so I wouldn't worry too much

only problem I can see is if you are using sick time instead of vacation/personal/PTO then it might look bad if you told people you had a Dr apt

• Options
    Is there a plausible reason to be visiting the other company? Otherwise, I'd probably tell the truth only if I ran into people. Otherwise, it's none of their business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards