Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Length of Reception

edited July 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Do you think 3 hours is enough time for a full reception, with all of the traditional activities and a three course meal?

When we booked our location we were planning on having a cocktail reception. So there was no worry about time constraints. Since then we have evolved into a full dinner for 60. We only have the space for 3 hours because there is a reception before us. We have it until close. I'm worried about having enough time for dancing/ mingling and the traditional dances and activities.

Re: Length of Reception

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Is it a buffet, or a sit-down dinner? If it's a buffet, I wouldn't even worry about it. People will manage their own time between eating and other stuff, and it'll work itself out. If it's a sit-down dinner, it might be worth calling the venue to ask how long they think dinner service will take for your group. 

At a venue that's used to groups that big, they'll machine-gun those plates out and your guests could be done in a little over an hour. If the venue's not used to groups that big, it could easily take an hour and a half or two hours for everyone to get done eating.
  • Options
    It's a sit down dinner. And yes, they are used to large groups. I think I am going to call this week to find out how fast they normally run.
  • Options
    I was wondering about the same thing... mine is only 2hrs with about 50 ppl.  I was going to have a sit down dinner but changed it to be cocktail because of the time.  I'm still worried that 2 hrs isn't going to be enough!  I think for you, having a sit down dinner, 3 hrs should be okay :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards