Getting in Shape

Im becoming a runner!

... Never thought I would say that but I've been running outside 3 miles. Three weeks ago.. 45 minutes. Yesterday.. 32.15!! Success! I will look good for my honeymoon... I will look good for my honeymoon... !!!! (my new chant!)

Re: Im becoming a runner!

• You aren't becoming a runner, you ARE a runner.  If you run, you are a runner regardless of distance or speed.

Congrats and keep up the good work!

• You aren't becoming a runner, you ARE a runner.  If you run, you are a runner regardless of distance or speed.

Congrats and keep up the good work!
    Thanks! Just have to stay motivated (it so hard)
  • Oh I know.  I used to run a lot.  I actually got to the point where I looked forward to my runs, which is always nice.  But then I went on vacation and didn't run for like 2 weeks so trying to get started again was super hard.  I have been trying to get back into it ever since.

• Oh I know.  I used to run a lot.  I actually got to the point where I looked forward to my runs, which is always nice.  But then I went on vacation and didn't run for like 2 weeks so trying to get started again was super hard.  I have been trying to get back into it ever since.

I have the same problem!!! I don't run on the weekends because I use those days as my rest days and when Monday comes it takes everything I have to get out there and run.
  • When I used to run Sunday's, Monday's and Friday's were my rest days.  Sunday's because Saturday I would have my long run.  Monday's because it is Monday.  And Friday's because it is the end of the work week and I just wanted to relax...and because the next day would be my long run.

• When I used to run Sunday's, Monday's and Friday's were my rest days.  Sunday's because Saturday I would have my long run.  Monday's because it is Monday.  And Friday's because it is the end of the work week and I just wanted to relax...and because the next day would be my long run.

I should change it up a bit maybe.. Im usually too busy on the weekends to run outside (it's dark by the time I get home and I am not a morning person!)
    I am totally feeling you on this.  I used to run 6 days a week - anywhere ranging from 2 miles to 20 miles, depending on what I was training for.  I haven't run in about a month and a half and I have NO motivation to do so.  I keep thinking I'll do it "tomorrow" but seem to run out of time every day and the weather has been too hot.

I need to just stop making excuses and make it a priority.  Once you stop though, it's SO hard to get going again!
  • I started week 3 of couch to 5k for the third time this week. I'm so jealous you can just start at 30 minutes of running!!!
  • I started week 3 of couch to 5k for the third time this week. I'm so jealous you can just start at 30 minutes of running!!!

I tried couch to 5k! It helped a lot a few years ago. I ran track in high school but was a sprinter.. Not a distance runner so 3 miles is pretty good for me. Keep it up!!!!
    I am totally feeling you on this.  I used to run 6 days a week - anywhere ranging from 2 miles to 20 miles, depending on what I was training for.  I haven't run in about a month and a half and I have NO motivation to do so.  I keep thinking I'll do it "tomorrow" but seem to run out of time every day and the weather has been too hot.

I need to just stop making excuses and make it a priority.  Once you stop though, it's SO hard to get going again!
    This is my situation too... I wasn't running in the weeks before my wedding, because I was super busy, and it's been hot as hell the past month (I HATE running in anything above 85 degrees). I used to run 4-5 miles after work every day, plus long runs on the weekend. Now I'm happy if I get in 2-3 miles a couple of times a week. I need motivation, and it's currently lacking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards