Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Wording

I know this has been addressed before but I can't find a post. 
I'm working on the invite/RSVP wording and I'm stuck on the RSVP.
I know there is a way to word "there have been "X" amount of seats reserved for you" but I'm drawing a blank to the exact wording. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings about amount of guests invited so I want to add this, also, how do you include where they fill in their name? Thinking something along these lines:

M________________________

We have reserved "X" amount of seats for you

___ Will attend
___Will not attend
___Number of guests

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP Wording

• "We have reserved X seat(s) in your honor" works well. 
  • marie2785 said:
    "We have reserved X seat(s) in your honor" works well. 
    THANK YOU! That is totally what I was going for and for some reason was just stuck!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm cutting costs by removing the inner envelope. Some households will have 5+ people invited. Also, I suspect I will have issues with some family adding RSVP guests that were not invited.

As a solution, I found online someone who did the following:
    In place of the M__________, they had the RSVP cards printed with a ___  __________. The second blank was filled in with the names of the invited guests, so:   __  Suzie.

I was confused the first time I heard this, so in summary:
    My outer envelope will read the Smith family. On the RSVP card there will be two blanks: one for the number of guests and one for the name of each guest invited. The name blank will be hand filled in by myself. It's a small wedding, so I don't mind the time involved.

My question, is this tacky? Also, will it be confusing to guests?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards