New Jersey

HUGE Problem finding a venue !!!!

I am having a HUGE problem finding a venue in NJ without paying an arm and a leg.  I am looking for a Friday or Saturday night wedding but even on a Friday they are asking for $150+ per plate.  I am almost on the verge on calling this whole thing off......

Re: HUGE Problem finding a venue !!!!

• Can you give us more details? How many guests? Time of year? Indoor/outdoor? North, south, central? Are there any specific things you're looking for? We can give you more suggestions if we know more about what it is you want.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Yes, I agree with @CookiePusher, we need more information. There are definitely places in Northern NJ that you can find for less than $150 per person. What places have you been to so far? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenn7778Jenn7778 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I am getting married at Primavera in Stirling on a Saturday night in November.  I am paying $120 a person plus tax and gratuity with a guarantee of 140 people.  EVERYTHING is included and there are only 2 upgrades that you can get (Sushi bar for cocktail hour and Venetian Hour for desert).  You get an enormous amount of food, cake is included and premium open bar.  There is only 1 event at a time which was key to me and they are AMAZING to work with!

I have been to 2 weddings there and they have the best wedding food I have ever had and I have been to a ton of weddings as I have a huge family.
  • Definitely need more information.  Are you looking for a particular feel or look with the venue?  I paid about $130 pp after tax and gratuity, which was more than what we wanted to spend, but we only had to guarantee 110 people for a Friday night. 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!! I am looking at April 2017 and have received the following prices...

Look at Il Villaggio in Carlstadt and speak with Patrick Lopez. Patrick is VERY accommodating to budgets and built a package specifically for my fiance and I.

Also, I have been looking and found the following places:

- Ariana's Grand
    - Richfield Regency - will not give prices over the phone, but seem reasonable from reviews
    - The Atrium in West Orange - if I recall, $95 plus service charge and tax
    - The Bethwood - prices are on their website
    - Berkeley Plaza - The Grand Wedding Reception Package for $82.00 or The Diamond Wedding Reception Package for $77.00 per guest plus sales tax & service charge.
    - Casa Bianca - $70 plus service charge and tax
    - Victor's Chateau - $40-$115, will build a package for you
    - The Graycliff - $80 plus 18% service, 7% tax, and a 4% maitre d fee. Minimum on a Friday is 100 for the Forum Room, 150 Ballroom and Saturday 120 Forum and 180 Ballroom.

Hope this helps :-)
  • Il Villaggio was still not within my price range-  Patrick must have been having a non-accommodating day. The Richfield Regency had an odor from the minute we walked in-  like a wet rug without opening any windows smell. 
  • Hi there! Our venue was Waterloo Village in Stanhope, NJ, and we had a wonderful experience. When you book a wedding there, they already have a caterer connected with the venue which was very helpful. It was Jeffrey Miller Catering. They were very flexible money wise and there are many options to customize it to your liking whether you are on a budget or looking for something special for your food choices. The food was incredible fresh and tasty and all of our guests commented on how delicious it was. I have always been picky about food at weddings but it was truly remarkable. I highly recommend this venue and caterer!

~ Chelsea
    ~ Chelsea
  • Hi there! Our venue was Waterloo Village in Stanhope, NJ, and we had a wonderful experience. When you book a wedding there, they already have a caterer connected with the venue which was very helpful. It was Jeffrey Miller Catering. They were very flexible money wise and there are many options to customize it to your liking whether you are on a budget or looking for something special for your food choices. The food was incredible fresh and tasty and all of our guests commented on how delicious it was. I have always been picky about food at weddings but it was truly remarkable. I highly recommend this venue and caterer!

~ Chelsea
    Do you work for Jeffrey Miller?  Just curious, because you only have two posts and both are for this vendor.  Highly suspicious.  It's also not the first time I've seen people with their only posts about Jeffrey Miller.
  • Did you find a venue? I have no idea what you are looking for, but out of the venues I saw that were moderately priced but nice- Rock Island Lake Club, Lake Valhalla Club, Farmstead CC.

Is Il Villaggio the place on the side of the highway in Maywood area? If so what about the Fiesta? Seems to be a similar look. I think it was recently renovated?
  • mbarkmbark member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    how much did they quote you at rock island lake club?
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

Various hall & clubs can be a great value like the Elks in Somerville which is actually a lovely space.  I swear it doesn't look like a old man's club at all.  The Woodbridge Elks also has a nice ballroom. 

I'm told the Women's Club in Montclair offers good deals too. 

• Michelleb112 The Rock Island Lake Club quoted me $210 for a Saturday night in August with a minimum of 160 with a guest list of 230.
  • Try The Hanover Manor in East Hanover! The don't change the prices based on the day or season. 
  • Hi,

Mayfair farms in west orange is $73 pp including top shelf alcohol, its about 100 with tax and gratuitiy.  We had to cancel our reception on November 22nd.  If you could book that date it would be greatly appreciated so we could get our deposit back.  But you should try sundays in november in general to save money.
  • I am getting married at the Royce Brook Golf Club and paying 95 a person for a saturday in May! You should take a look at them! They have been amazing people to work with!
  • edited August 2015
    Pantagis Renaissance in Scotch Plains was the least expensive place we looked. 
  • There is a reason Pantagis is the cheapest...it has horrible food, horrible service and has not been updated since the time of the dinosaurs.
  • Jenn7778 said:
    There is a reason Pantagis is the cheapest...it has horrible food, horrible service and has not been updated since the time of the dinosaurs.
    I agree with this.  This was one of the first places we looked at and while the price was right, it did not have the feel we wanted.  It was so outdated.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are having our reception at Berkeley Plaza for $92 +18% service + 7% tax. Just have to guarantee 160 adults to have the place to yourself.
  • Michelleb112 The Rock Island Lake Club quoted me $210 for a Saturday night in August with a minimum of 160 with a guest list of 230.

Wow, did you end up going with them?  I wonder what their prices are for Fridays or Sundays.  
  • ohmrs2014 said:
    Jenn7778 said:
    There is a reason Pantagis is the cheapest...it has horrible food, horrible service and has not been updated since the time of the dinosaurs.
    I agree with this.  This was one of the first places we looked at and while the price was right, it did not have the feel we wanted.  It was so outdated.
    And the food is not that great. I was there for an event a few months ago, and it was awful. Everything was bland. My parents got married there in the early 90s, and the place has not changed AT ALL since then. We had pictures taken on the pretty staircase out front back then, and I'm pretty sure the same cracks in the steps are still there now.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I am having my wedding at Rock Island lake Club in April 2016 and we are paying 175 a head but that includes all tax and gratuity.  They are incredible and include everything! The only extras we are paying for are a bonfire and smores because my fiance hates cake.  But really they are totally worth the price and have been great to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards