Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Mom broke up

My mom was, until a few nights ago, dating someone. They don't live together, and the guy she was dating had a son. We sent them a save the date a few weeks ago, and now my mom tells me that they broke up.

Do I still need to send him and his son an invitation? I am not sure of etiquette here, besides everyone sent a STD is given an invite. 

Thanks!

Re: Mom broke up

• Options
    I am assuming you were inviting this person because of the social unit he was part of when he was with your mom. This social unit no longer exists therefore you do not have to invite him or his son.

Personally I would just leave it alone, perhaps before the wedding rolls around they might be a couple again. On the other hand, if the are still not together I would think you would allow her a guest of her choosing if she wanted one.
  • Options
    aliwis000 said:
    I am assuming you were inviting this person because of the social unit he was part of when he was with your mom. This social unit no longer exists therefore you do not have to invite him or his son.

Personally I would just leave it alone, perhaps before the wedding rolls around they might be a couple again. On the other hand, if the are still not together I would think you would allow her a guest of her choosing if she wanted one.

Thank you, this was what I was thinking. There is a small chance they would be back together, and yes, my mom would be allowed a guest if she so choose to. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing an etiquette faux pas!
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Agreed, wait until you are sending out invites to worry about it. But no, you are not required to send him an invitation when you were inviting him as the social unit of your mom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards