Flowers

Candles and Flower Centerpieces

Hello! I was looking at centerpiece ideas on Pinterest (where else, right?! haha) and I was just wondering when incorporating candles into centerpieces and anywhere else like the cake table or whatever, do I provide them or does the florist provide everything and I just pay her/him? 

The three I liked were these: 

Re: Candles and Flower Centerpieces

• The pics look awesome! You should discuss these details when you have a meeting with the florist and be able to establish what other decorations the s/he is able to provide and what you'll have to handle. Some of the florists only handle vases, ribbons and flowers.
  • You can purchase them or you can hire your florist to do it.  The reality is that it'll be FAR cheaper for you to purchase the pillar candles in bulk just be sure that you're getting neutral scented ones (Beeswax, no scent, etc.)...  Also, before purchasing them confirm with your venue that they allow open flames.  Some venues do not...
  • DMsdbrideDMsdbride member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2015
    Oh yeah, I would definitely want them in a candle holder. I'd be too afraid of them being knocked over! Thanks for the suggestions, you two!
  • MesmrEwe said:
    You can purchase them or you can hire your florist to do it.  The reality is that it'll be FAR cheaper for you to purchase the pillar candles in bulk just be sure that you're getting neutral scented ones (Beeswax, no scent, etc.)...  Also, before purchasing them confirm with your venue that they allow open flames.  Some venues do not...

I second this.

My candles are simple 10 hours votive candles. We will need about 150 or so of them. The florist wanted $1.50 each. I bought them online for less than 80cents each. Additionally I would say to look for linens online too. The florist wanted $14.50 to RENT table cloths (PLUS a $200 pick up fee to get them at the end of the night). I bought overlays that will give the same look for less than $7 each.

HTH! The ideas you posted are beautiful!
  • bb2016bb2016 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    aliwis000 said:
    MesmrEwe said:
    You can purchase them or you can hire your florist to do it.  The reality is that it'll be FAR cheaper for you to purchase the pillar candles in bulk just be sure that you're getting neutral scented ones (Beeswax, no scent, etc.)...  Also, before purchasing them confirm with your venue that they allow open flames.  Some venues do not...

I second this.

My candles are simple 10 hours votive candles. We will need about 150 or so of them. The florist wanted $1.50 each. I bought them online for less than 80cents each. Additionally I would say to look for linens online too. The florist wanted $14.50 to RENT table cloths (PLUS a $200 pick up fee to get them at the end of the night). I bought overlays that will give the same look for less than $7 each.

Do you mind sharing where online you bought the votive candles?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aliwis000 said:

MesmrEwe said:

I second this.

Wow, thats so great. Thanks for the suggestions! And yes, can you share where you bought the candles and also the overlays? Did you also buy candle holders?
  • For me it was far cheaper to buy candles on my own.  I bought them and the holders at Ikea and saved a bundle.  I still have the holders- great for dinner parties. 
  • For me it was far cheaper to buy candles on my own.  I bought them and the holders at Ikea and saved a bundle.  I still have the holders- great for dinner parties. 

How did I not think of Ikea? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards