Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Just an FYI

For all those folks who have complained about their bridal party and contemplated removing some members from your bridal party, don't do it sucks. 

It recently just happened to me. One of my friends asked me casually while at lunch, if I would like to be her bridesmaid. I said of course, and just let me know what you need and when. 

No word from her at all for a bit over two months. She asked me out to dinner and cocktails and told me a bit of her wedding plans. She explained how she is having a small separate civil ceremony and then her FFIL will be paying to host a much larger reception (of which apparently will have a money dance) for her guests. 

I asked her who will be going to her ceremony and she said just her and two required witnesses.. Confused, I asked her if I was still her bridesmaid and she said, "No, not anymore it's cheaper this way." Confused and hurt and a bit pissed by her comments on wedding planning..  we changed topics. I walked away thinking, "does this girl know her guests are human beings with feelings?"

Btw, she is having a bridal shower and refuses to register anywhere as she says she has everything she needs. So I  assume she is expecting her guests to make it rain? 

IDK.. just needed to vent.
</rant>

Re: Just an FYI

• Options
    perdonami said:
    For all those folks who have complained about their bridal party and contemplated removing some members from your bridal party, don't do it sucks. 

It recently just happened to me. One of my friends asked me casually while at lunch, if I would like to be her bridesmaid. I said of course, and just let me know what you need and when. 

No word from her at all for a bit over two months. She asked me out to dinner and cocktails and told me a bit of her wedding plans. She explained how she is having a small separate civil ceremony and then her FFIL will be paying to host a much larger reception (of which apparently will have a money dance) for her guests. 

I asked her who will be going to her ceremony and she said just her and two required witnesses.. Confused, I asked her if I was still her bridesmaid and she said, "No, not anymore it's cheaper this way." Confused and hurt and a bit pissed by her comments on wedding planning..  we changed topics. I walked away thinking, "does this girl know her guests are human beings with feelings?"

Btw, she is having a bridal shower and refuses to register anywhere as she says she has everything she needs. So I  assume she is expecting her guests to make it rain? 

IDK.. just needed to vent.
    </rant>

Can someone give me a train wreck gif? Because you, OP, are avoiding one hell of a train wreck. I hope you're not planning on going to this atrocity of a shower.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Oooooh that's a good one!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    "It's cheaper this way?"
    It cost extra to let a few more people stand beside you at a civil ceremony? Does town hall charge a per head entrance fee???

ETA:
    Or is it just now that FFIL is paying for the reception, she can't even bother to pay for your guys' lunch after the ceremony?
  • Options
    She's a real peach.

I think part of the issue is that her fiance is kind of an antisocial person and doesn't want a bridal party. When I asked him if he knew who he wanted in his bridal party, he told me, "We're not having a bridal party because we don't want to deal with you people."

This was after she had asked me to stand with her. I was also thinking what do you mean by "you people?" 
  • Options
    perdonami said:
    She's a real peach.

I think part of the issue is that her fiance is kind of an antisocial person and doesn't want a bridal party. When I asked him if he knew who he wanted in his bridal party, he told me, "We're not having a bridal party because we don't want to deal with you people."

This was after she had asked me to stand with her. I was also thinking what do you mean by "you people?" 
    This is what springs to my mind:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards