Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When to hand out bridesmaid / groomsmen / parents gifts

Hi Everyone,

If you could help me with this question I would greatly appreciate it!!

I'm unsure of when to hand out our wedding party gifts.  A little background on our wedding: we are having a small wedding of about 55 people, and 90% of all of our guests are traveling into town for our wedding.  We made sure that their gifts are nothing that will get broken in luggage, are small enough to pack, etc.  

Here are the options I was thinking of, but don't know the best way to handle.  I greatly welcome all of your suggestions / advice!!

a) We could mail their gifts post wedding with a thank you note.
b) We could hand out the gifts at the ceremony rehearsal.  (Please note that everyone from our wedding is invited to our rehearsal dinner which will start about 30-45 minutes after the ceremony rehearsal - we are calling it a welcome dinner because so many people are traveling for us.  Only the wedding party is invited to the ceremony rehearsal though).
c) We could include the gifts in their welcome bag with a special note saying that this is their wedding party gift. (We are doing welcome bags for every adult attending our wedding as well - so I would want to call special attention to the extra item in their bags as their bridesmaid gift).
d) Some option I am not thinking of!!

Re: When to hand out bridesmaid / groomsmen / parents gifts

• Options
    Hi Everyone,

If you could help me with this question I would greatly appreciate it!!

I'm unsure of when to hand out our wedding party gifts.  A little background on our wedding: we are having a small wedding of about 55 people, and 90% of all of our guests are traveling into town for our wedding.  We made sure that their gifts are nothing that will get broken in luggage, are small enough to pack, etc.  

Here are the options I was thinking of, but don't know the best way to handle.  I greatly welcome all of your suggestions / advice!!

a) We could mail their gifts post wedding with a thank you note.
    b) We could hand out the gifts at the ceremony rehearsal.  (Please note that everyone from our wedding is invited to our rehearsal dinner which will start about 30-45 minutes after the ceremony rehearsal - we are calling it a welcome dinner because so many people are traveling for us.  Only the wedding party is invited to the ceremony rehearsal though).
    c) We could include the gifts in their welcome bag with a special note saying that this is their wedding party gift. (We are doing welcome bags for every adult attending our wedding as well - so I would want to call special attention to the extra item in their bags as their bridesmaid gift).
    d) Some option I am not thinking of!!

I would give them out at the rehearsal itself, since everyone there would be getting a gift.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    It really doesn't matter. I don't think I would mail them, though. I gave my dad his gift when he was at our apartment the day after the wedding, and my bridesmaids got theirs the morning of.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

All of a, b, and c are valid options.  My own favorite is option b.

• Options
    groomguy87groomguy87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2015
    EDIT:  Misread the post, option B would be my vote.
  • Options
    Wow - thanks for the super quick responses!!  

I think I'll give them out at the rehearsal since you are right, everyone there would be receiving a gift.  And I think it would make it more personal to have us hand them out in person.

THANK YOU!!  :)

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would give them out in person. The rehearsal is a good time.

We gave ours in person, but privately after the rehearsal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards