Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

OK to B-List true plus ones?

Quick question ..
For my truly single guests, is it okay to give them plus ones if we have room in our guest list after we have received our RSVPs? Essentially I would be b-listing the plus ones. I'd like to offer it if there is the space after all is said and done, and I would keep it casual and personally ask those guests if there is anyone they would like to bring.
Etiquette approved?
Thanks all :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.

Re: OK to B-List true plus ones?

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think this is one scenario where the "B-list" is OK.

The plus ones are not *your* guests that you are waiting on declines for in order to invite. You are giving your guests a courtesy for them self, not for you.

I wouldn't tell your single guests this beforehand, but after your RSVPs come in you could say, "Hey Sally, we have some extra room, is there anyone you wanted to bring with you?" also realizing this anyone could be a friend, family member or date.
  • Options
    We did.
  • Options
    Allowing for plus one's, for truly single guests, is not b listing. These people didn't exist on your guest list, they are not people you would have invited as you probably don't know them and they are not SOs. This is extending a courtesy to your invited guests, not adding people you would have liked to invite had space and budget allowed in the first place.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I'd say this is totally fine. 
  • Options
    Glad to hear this is okay because we may do this. 

Fiance has a cousin who is a bachelor and will bring a date if he can find one and invite allows him to bring one.  When sending his invite, I asked him if he was seeing anyone so we could invite her by name and he said no.  If I have enough declines to do this w/ a "circle" I was thinking about doing this.

I also have a friend who just never married and doesn't date any more.  Not sure who she'd bring but I'd like to make the offer if we have space.

• Options
    Yes. We totally did this... After getting some unexpected "no" rsvps, I told my truly single guests "hey, if you want to bring someone to the wedding, please feel free. I just need their name and entree choice by X date."
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

I also have a friend who just never married and doesn't date any more.  Not sure who she'd bring but I'd like to make the offer if we have space.

If you are allowing her to bring a "guest", this can be anyone. Could be her own best friend. Which is still a nice gesture.
  • Options
    SP29 said:

If you are allowing her to bring a "guest", this can be anyone. Could be her own best friend. Which is still a nice gesture.

***damn boxes***

I understand that. I'm just trying to allow them to come with anyone they want so they don't have to come alone, if we can afford it.
  • Options
    We gave everyone plus ones, but many single guests sent back RSVPs for just themselves. Our wedding is in 2 weeks and we actually ended up with plenty of space (we were gonna be packed tight in the room if everybody would have RSVP'd yes). I've been following up with my single friends and asking them personally if they want to bring someone, even a friend. A bunch of them are now bringing dates that are friends of ours that we weren't being able to invite because of number issues. Its actually worked out well because we would have loved to invite them all and they will make the party more fun! I think people would feel weird inviting a friend as a date if they aren't dating, so they've appreciated us reaching out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards