Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do I take the veil off?

After the ceremony? Does it matter? I have no idea what the "norm" is.

Re: Do I take the veil off?

• Options
    It is up to you.  There is no "norm".  I didn't take mine off, but it was a short veil.  Daughter took hers off for the reception and replaced it with a fascinator for dancing.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    This is really a personal choice.  I would say it also depends on the length of your veil.  If you have a cathedral length veil you will want to take it off, unless you plan on wrapping it around your arm and carrying it around with you all night.

But I took mine off.  I didn't want to deal with it constantly being tugged on when I was getting hugs or it maybe catching on someone's jewelry when dancing or hugging.

• Options
    It's up to you. I took mine off for the reception because I had a cathedral length veil and it would have gotten hung on everything.

• Options
    It's your choice. I actually meant to take mine off for the reception (I had a two-tier fingertip lace-edged veil), but I ended up not having time. We went right into our spotlight dance, then dinner, then cake cutting. I guess I should have removed it before we entered the reception but forgot. Although looking back, I like all the pictures of me wearing my veil more than the ones where I had it removed at the end of the night.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Funny you ask this b/c I never thought of it until I was being introduced at our reception and I was all, "Doh!  When do I take this thing off?!"

PPs have it covered, it's a personal choice.  I kept mine on for the spotlight dances and took it off when I really started dancing (and sweating) and wanted to put my hair up.  

Think about what photos you want in it - do you want it on when you cut the cake?  1st dance?  To me, that would be the only thing to consider besides your own comfort.  Otherwise keep it on/take it off whenever you want.  
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • Options

It's up to you.  My sister had a knee-length veil, and took it off after pictures/before the reception, just so she wouldn't worry about sitting on it during dinner (it was our mom's veil, so we were delicate with it).

I had a birdcage veil that I swapped out for a headband.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options

I had a finger tip one and left it on until we got to the reception and started eating. Anytime I sat down I ended up sitting on my veil and pulling on it. It was more comfortable to take it off at that point. I went to a wedding once where the bride took it off half way through the receiving line because when people hug you, it does get pulled on.

• Options
    I had a finger tip length veil with crystals and embroidery around the edge and I wore it all night. It did pull a bit during dinner but I loved my veil and wanted to wear it as much as possible.
  • Options
    It's up to you.  There are no rules here.  It's your wedding so do whatever is more comfortable for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards