Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What do I do with: Wedding Band, Vows, and Bouquet?

FI are having an intimate ceremony with only 8 people. We do not have a WP. I will have my vows written out on a notecard and my dress does not have pockets. What do I do with my bouquet after I walk down the aisle? Do I still hold it? Do I carry my FI's wedding band and vows? Does my FI keep his ring and my vows in his pocket until they are needed? Or should I ask my Mom to hold everything? Any advice ladies?

Re: What do I do with: Wedding Band, Vows, and Bouquet?

• FI are having an intimate ceremony with only 8 people. We do not have a WP. I will have my vows written out on a notecard and my dress does not have pockets. What do I do with my bouquet after I walk down the aisle? Do I still hold it? Do I carry my FI's wedding band and vows? Does my FI keep his ring and my vows in his pocket until they are needed? Or should I ask my Mom to hold everything? Any advice ladies?
    You can ask your officiant to hold the vows and/or rings. H and I had a MOH and BM but did not have then stand. They sat in the front row and I handed my bouquet to my MOH and BM had the rings. You can ask anyone up near the front to do these.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • My sister had a bigger wedding, but no wedding party.  She handed her bouquet to whoever was closest, I think it was my mom.  Groom's dad was holding the rings.  I, as the officiant, had the vows.
  • At my brother's wedding, my SIL placed her bouquet on a table, which you can also do with your vows.  You can ask your officiant or trusted persons among your guests to hold things for you if you like.
  • Everything everyone's said so far. But also, you could put your partner's ring on your thumb or whatever right-hand finger it fits on, and carry your vows up the aisle tucked against your bouquet stem. Bouquet will still need to be handed off to a guest or set on a table/altar, but the ring and vows shouldn't be much trouble.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a wedding party, and one person on each end held rings then passed them up.
    In your case, I would just request closest person to hold or maybe if you're by the signing table {or any surface} you could set it down.
  • You could just hand bouquet to whoever is closest to you.  DH held onto both of our rings.  My BM's didn't have pockets either, so having DH hold both was just easiest. And our officiant had our vows then handed them to us when needed. 

• In case anyone was wondering... the officiant winding up holding our rings, I carried my vows behind my bouquet, and my Mom held my bouquet. Thanks everyone for the advice!

• In case anyone was wondering... the officiant winding up holding our rings, I carried my vows behind my bouquet, and my Mom held my bouquet. Thanks everyone for the advice!

I'm glad it worked out for you! Thank you for the update, I'm sure someone else having the issue will run across you post :)
    Congratulations! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards