Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Estes Park - Della Terra

We just booked our honeymoon! Whee! We're (on kind of an impulse decision) going to Estes Park, Colorado and staying at Della Terra Mountain Chateau. I'm really excited! I've never been to the Rockies before, so this will be a new experience for me.  Has anyone visited or lived in the area? Suggestions for things to do or places to go? We've already got the Oskar Blues brewery on our list, and obviously we'll be spending a good chunk of time in the national park, but I'd love to hear suggestions for shops, restaurants, or entertainment if anyone is familiar enough with the area. :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Estes Park - Della Terra

• Options
    I live in Colorado! In Estes Park, you'll need to check out the Stanley Hotel (beautiful and really cool history.) If you like to hike (or even if you're a hiking novice) go to Rocky Mountain National Park. My favorite hikes are Dream Lake and Ouzel Falls, but a park ranger can help you find the perfect hike for your activity level & interests (waterfalls, lookout points, wildlife, etc.) Many Parks Curve is a point you can drive to with an INCREDIBLE view.

If you have a car, you aren't too far from Longmont and Boulder, both of which have awesome brewery tours. Boulder also has the Celestial Seasonings tea factory, which is really awesome, and the Dushanbe Tea House. There is always live music and other cool events going on in Boulder.

Downtown Estes Park has a cute little shopping area. Mostly touristy stores, but there are little cafes there. If you can, try some pork green chile. It's a Colorado standard.
    -----

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and it looks like you'll be there in May or so? Be aware it can still be really snowy up there that time of year. Some of the hiking trails will be really icy and muddy.
    -----

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! We'll definitely be going to the national park! Celestial Seasonings sounds right up our alley too!

• Options
    I'm getting married in Estes Park. One thing I would recommend because I'm kind of a history dork is catching a movie at the movie theater. It's the oldest operating movie theater in the US.  
  • Options
    I'll add that to the list! I'll also be keeping my eye out for concerts at red rocks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards