Chit Chat
Options

crazy friend

I recently had my bachelorette party and it was amazing!  I have such wonderful friends for pulling it off.

There was one friend who I was friends with in college and since college we grab dinner, mini golf, bowl and that sort of stuff.  I have never drank with her before because she never drank in college and now only does occasionally (I only do on occasion as well).  Well she came to my bachelorette party and it was a complete mess with her.  She got there late so we were all waiting for her.  Then she was talking a significant part of the time (soberly) about how she is so close to my FI and trying to pick out clothes for him when we were shopping the local boutiques, how she knows him better than anyone else and such.  Out of everyone there she knows him the least.  Has actually only spoken to him on two occasions.  Then later that night we were dancing at a bar and she ditched us for a guy she met.  Was all over him making out and stuff.  We were all very confused about this because the whole day she kept mentioning her new bf and how in love they were and how he was coming to the wedding.  We got a cab to leave and she tried to prevent me from getting in the cab with everyone.  She tried to say I shouldn't leave with my friends/sisters and stay there when the bar was closed.  I told her no so she came and left.  Now we get back to the house and we were all munching and having fun and she kept making comments about us eating food and how we shouldn't eat and judging us for eating.  We were all pretty annoyed at this point.  Then she starts texting the boy from the bar and has him come to the house where we told her he couldn't come in because we don't know him and thats freaking weird.  So she left with him.  So much for her bf.  My friend had to chase them down because we were so worried.  The next morning everyone was supposed to pitch in and clean before we left and she took off and wouldn't help.  Oh btw.. apparently before the weekend my MOH told everyone the cost of the weekend and everyone was in agreement and  she refused to give money to her too.  Then kept putting her drinks on everyone else's tab.  Wouldn't pitch in for cab fares or anything.  Now I'm so embarrassed by the situations.  Everyone understood I had never seen her act like that.  

I don't think there is a way to confront her behavior tactfully.  However I am dreading her at the wedding.  When we were out a lot of people who we met bought me a shot or a drink.  If they did she would try and steal them or wouldn't let them talk to me or would go up and get all over the guys.  I think it was a complete jealously thing.  She felt like she needed to be the center of attention.  I know at the wedding no one can take the day away from my FI and I because all that matters to me is I marry the man I am completely in love with.  I just am hoping her behavior is better!!!  Also... I am pretty sure this changes the friendship I had with her.  I always knew she was a little crazy but never like this.

Re: crazy friend

• Options
    I doubt you will even notice her at your wedding.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I really wouldn't worry too much about this either. Sounds like she was OOC at your bachelorette, you learned a lot about her and in coming months you will decide whether or not to continue the friendship. To me, she seems like she has personal (and possible alcohol) issues, but none of that has anything to do with you or your wedding. If I had been at your bachelorette party and had dealt with her bad behavior, I'd probably just ignore her at your wedding (unless she goes BSC again and threatens to make a scene). From the POV of a friend, I'd be more concerned about protecting you and ensuring you were having a good time, than judging you for being friends with her. Everybody understands that people act in ways you would never expect and that in no way reflect s upon you. Concentrate on the good parts of the bachelorette and don't let her craziness affect you going forward. Not worth it.
  • Options
    I agree with PP; I wouldn't really worry about her. She may surprise you and be on her best behavior at your wedding (I was terrified that my BSC sister would cause a huge scene or a ton of drama on my wedding day because that's her nature, but she was totally fine the whole time. She was so low-key that it shocked me. So you really never know). 

If she does decide to act up, people are going to judge HER and not you. And most people will probably just ignore her and carry on with their fun. And you probably won't even notice. There will be so many people around you and so much going on, and you'll be so focused on your new H that you won't be able to devote enough attention to this one person to see how she's behaving. 

Then after the wedding, you can take some time to re-evaluate whether or not you want to continue the friendship. Personally she sounds to me like more trouble than she's worth if that's how she likes to behave. 
  • Options
    I recently had my bachelorette party and it was amazing!  I have such wonderful friends for pulling it off.

There was one friend who I was friends with in college and since college we grab dinner, mini golf, bowl and that sort of stuff.  I have never drank with her before because she never drank in college and now only does occasionally (I only do on occasion as well).  Well she came to my bachelorette party and it was a complete mess with her.  She got there late so we were all waiting for her.  Then she was talking a significant part of the time (soberly) about how she is so close to my FI and trying to pick out clothes for him when we were shopping the local boutiques, how she knows him better than anyone else and such.  Out of everyone there she knows him the least.  Has actually only spoken to him on two occasions.  Then later that night we were dancing at a bar and she ditched us for a guy she met.  Was all over him making out and stuff.  We were all very confused about this because the whole day she kept mentioning her new bf and how in love they were and how he was coming to the wedding.  We got a cab to leave and she tried to prevent me from getting in the cab with everyone.  She tried to say I shouldn't leave with my friends/sisters and stay there when the bar was closed.  I told her no so she came and left.  Now we get back to the house and we were all munching and having fun and she kept making comments about us eating food and how we shouldn't eat and judging us for eating.  We were all pretty annoyed at this point.  Then she starts texting the boy from the bar and has him come to the house where we told her he couldn't come in because we don't know him and thats freaking weird.  So she left with him.  So much for her bf.  My friend had to chase them down because we were so worried.  The next morning everyone was supposed to pitch in and clean before we left and she took off and wouldn't help.  Oh btw.. apparently before the weekend my MOH told everyone the cost of the weekend and everyone was in agreement and  she refused to give money to her too.  Then kept putting her drinks on everyone else's tab.  Wouldn't pitch in for cab fares or anything.  Now I'm so embarrassed by the situations.  Everyone understood I had never seen her act like that.  

I don't think there is a way to confront her behavior tactfully.  However I am dreading her at the wedding.  When we were out a lot of people who we met bought me a shot or a drink.  If they did she would try and steal them or wouldn't let them talk to me or would go up and get all over the guys.  I think it was a complete jealously thing.  She felt like she needed to be the center of attention.  I know at the wedding no one can take the day away from my FI and I because all that matters to me is I marry the man I am completely in love with.  I just am hoping her behavior is better!!!  Also... I am pretty sure this changes the friendship I had with her.  I always knew she was a little crazy but never like this.

You knew she was a little crazy, but you have never seen her to this extent?  If she were my friend, I would be very concerned.  I would call her or ask her for coffee and talk to her about this.  "Friend, I'm concerned for you.  You did x, y, and z when we were all out and I have never seen you act like that.  Is everything ok?"  Then let her talk.  Don't bring up the money issue because that's more of your MOH's problem than yours. 

• Options
    So . . . your friend got drunk and rowdy at a bachelorette? If she was late, leave without her. If she's making out with a dude at a bar, srsly not your problem. Yeah it's not ideal but I also don't think it's necessarily a sign she is going to cause trouble at the wedding.
  • Options
    So . . . your friend got drunk and rowdy at a bachelorette? If she was late, leave without her. If she's making out with a dude at a bar, srsly not your problem. Yeah it's not ideal but I also don't think it's necessarily a sign she is going to cause trouble at the wedding.

All of this. And why do brides always assume its a jealousy thing?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Congrats @KatWag!

Thanks! image

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards