Wedding Party

Answered

cps96cps96 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited August 2015 in Wedding Party

Re: Answered

• Why does the bride need 2 months between her b party and her wedding?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Why does the bride need 2 months between her b party and her wedding?
    Seriously, how long is this Bach Party supposed to last? An entire month? 
  • Agreed with above. Why is this a pressing issue 8 months in advance? I do think you're being a bit harsh and I really don't think she's being difficult in asking that you hold off for now. I'd let the bridesmaid set her wedding date, assuming she's going to set it in the next few weeks/month or two. There's no reason to even begin planning a bachlorette party this far in advance.
  • Even if she's not yet engaged? I agree with you. However, this bridesmaid was the one pressuring me to make the plans in the first place.

We were trying to save money and book things in advanced as everyone is a budget. I'm not sure why she needs 2 months, she just thought she would need the time and I wanted to respect that.

I don't see the harm in waiting a month or so in waiting to book. Thanks for the suggestions! 

• Waiting a month or so? That's still a long way out. Is this a destination party? Is that why there's a need to book a hotel room so far out? I can't see any other reason people would be needing to book so far in advance.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Deleting your post is rude, @cps96, and pointless since I copied your original post.

• I wouldn't even be thinking about planning this bach party until after the first of the year.

OP, my suggestion to you is to put everything on hold.

Also, if the BM in question can't make the bach party that is okay.  I am sure the bride would understand (hopefully) that her one friend can't make the bach party because she is getting married.  In fact, if the bride is not a crazy bridezilla, she may want to move her bach party so that she can go to the wedding if invited.

So best course of action is to wait.

• No one should assume an invite, but if this girl is close enough to be a BM and she is not having a really small immediate family only wedding, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think the bride would be invited to the wedding.   

My vote is hold off for a little longer to see if the BM sets a date.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • If they are planning a wedding they are engaged There might not have been a big announcement or a ring but that doesn't really matter. As for saving money by booking 8 months out or whatever it is honestly I've found that too far in advance and it can be more expensive. For me I've found the sweet spot to be 1-3 months in advance...

On a side note why do people think deleting their original post does anything when you can clearly see they've been quoted?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards