Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Share your wedding dress! (And wedding dress shopping tips from a recent bride)

just had my wedding in June, and it took me months to find my wedding dress so I thought I would share my dress (and some quick tips) here! Below is my Monique Lhuillier Legend style gown, which I fell in love with when I saw model Martha Patterson wear it for her wedding in 2013. I tried on over sixty dresses... nothing came close. I nearly ended up choosing dresses I would have regretted, however, so a few quick tips and thoughts for brides to be:

1) Wait to buy your dress. It is so tempting to go with the "first winner" or that dress where you have that first moment when you feel like a bride - but if there's time, I would encourage you to sit on your decision over weeks or even a month or two. You could change your mind or see photo inspirations on social media that catch your attention. The worst thing is having dress regret, and brides sometimes do. 

2) Go it alone. If you suspect your bridal party will have very different opinions, or even if you're not entirely sure what you're looking for in your dress, it might make sense to go on your own the first time, narrow down some choices, and then have your bridal party help you out with the final favorites. This might save you from confusion or being pressured into making a choice so early on. The point is to develop your own sense of what you like, and then enlist other opinions later. 

3) Don't try dresses outside your price range. I did, knew I wouldn't spend that amount of money for a gown, and immediately regretted trying on the dress in the first place. Luckily I found another dress I ended up liking more. :) 

And there you go. Also, I would love to hear other stories of recent brides or brides-to-be who've chosen your gowns. (And, on a side note, I am planning on selling my dress. So ping me if interested! :) )

Re: Share your wedding dress! (And wedding dress shopping tips from a recent bride)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards