Honeymoon Discussions

Gluten free honeymoon

I know I've seen a few posts from gluten free people on the food and cakes board, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with gluten free food at any resorts.  We are hoping for somewhere in the Caribbean, but my fiance doesn't was Mexico or Jamaica and definitely want an all inclusive resort (which is making it really hard to find something in our budget $3,500 including airfare).  I'm really worried about not being able to eat anything at most of the resorts we can afford, as I'm gluten free as well as a somewhat picky eater.  I figured Sandals would be best because there's so many restaurants that there's bound to be gluten free options, but they're just way too expensive.

So, does anyone know of any resorts that are safe for gluten free guests?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Gluten free honeymoon

• I would call the resorts you are interested in directly to see what your options are.     

GF is hardly unusual these days, so a lot of resorts will be accommodating if they can.  Granted your options tend to be very limited, but they generally have GF options. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • The AM Resort brands (Secrets, Dreams, etc) offer gluten free options. As does Karisma and Couples. But, Karisma is in Mexico and Couples is in Jamaica.

• I'm sure Sandals would be able to accommodate you, as you said though they are pricey.  Excellence Punta Cana would likely be able to accommodate you as well. I've been to Excellence Playa Mujeres and Excellence Riveria Maya (the latter two are in Mexico) with Celiac and was fine.  Just email the resorts you narrow the list down too in advance and inquire.  
  • I recently visited Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.  Not only is the resort breathtakingly beautiful, but they also have a gluten free menu option.  I am planning on having my destination wedding there and looked into it as I have gluten free guests! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards