Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Need Advice on receiving a gift from unknown

PupatellaPupatella member
Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I just came home to a huge UPS package - it's addressed to Mr. and Mrs. xxxx, so I'm assuming this is a wedding present.  There is no return address on the package, and the gift was not purchased off of our registry.

I called my Mom to see if anyone had recently asked for our address, or alerted her that they were sending us a gift.  Nope.  I asked my FMIL, MOH and FSIL.  No one knows who the gift is from.

How do I figure out who this is from so I can thank them properly?  Any ideas?

Edited: I forgot to mention that there is no card or anything inside.  There was just a gift that was wrapped.  I unwrapped it carefully and there is no card, note, etc.

Re: Need Advice on receiving a gift from unknown

• Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

I just came home to a huge UPS package - it's addressed to Mr. and Mrs. xxxx, so I'm assuming this is a wedding present.  There is no return address on the package, and the gift was not purchased off of our registry.

I called my Mom to see if anyone had recently asked for our address, or alerted her that they were sending us a gift.  Nope.  I asked my FMIL, MOH and FSIL.  No one knows who the gift is from.

How do I figure out who this is from so I can thank them properly?  Any ideas?

Edited: I forgot to mention that there is no card or anything inside.  There was just a gift that was wrapped.  I unwrapped it carefully and there is no card, note, etc.
    Was there any kind of packing slip? Is the gift a brand from a particular store/did it have packaging from a particular store? 
  • Options
    Can you contact the company the package is from and see if they can provide you with any information about the purchaser? 

Otherwise I would put around word by mouth that you received a lovely gift and wish you could send a thank you and see if anyone says anything...
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It's a painting that is framed.  No idea where the painting / frame was purchased.  No gift receipt inside, etc.

• Options
    Oh duh - thanks!!  I'll call UPS - there is a tracking number on the box.  Thanks!!

• Options
    Well the mystery continues, they are able to tell me where the package was sent from, but nothing else...I love the idea of spreading the word that we received a lovely gift and wish to send a thank you note.  Hopefully I find out who sent us this.

• Options
    Well the mystery continues, they are able to tell me where the package was sent from, but nothing else...I love the idea of spreading the word that we received a lovely gift and wish to send a thank you note.  Hopefully I find out who sent us this.
    At least now you can narrow it down to city???
  • Options
    Yep - narrowed to a city, but that doesn't really help as it's my home town (which I moved away from a few years ago).  I let my Mom know, and she's going to ask around.  I don't want to ask friends / coworkers I still stay in touch with, but am not super close with anymore, as I don't want to insinuate that I'm expecting a gift from them by asking if they know who sent us this wonderful present.  I'll just ask them the next time we are gchatting so it's not awkward.  I'm sure I will eventually figure it out!!

• Options
    @Pupatella
    YAY! Good News! Congrats!
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards