Chit Chat

Do I need to be worrying about this? (cab service at wedding)

Wedding's here in a couple weeks (eek) and my current source of stress is transportation.  The venue is in a small town.  There's one hotel that's .5 miles away (ie walking distance), but we didn't do a block there because of their terms, but I know a number of people are staying there.  We are staying a couple miles away, and our blocked hotel is next door  to where we are staying.  

Question is, should I arrange for a cab service to be available at the venue at the end of the reception?  Maybe provide some written cards of the phone number to cab services (there's only one or two in this town, but a number in the next city over)  Or is this something more like "guests are adults and can figure this out"?  

Also adding, Neither Uber nor Lyft service this area.  
Married 9.12.15

Re: Do I need to be worrying about this? (cab service at wedding)

• Personally, I see this as a "guests are adults and can figure this out on their own" type of thing.

But if you have time and want to make little cards with the number of the local cab company then it is a nice gesture, but certainly not necessary.

• I agree. I don't think that's necessarily your responsibility. However, if it is in the budget, you may want to consider hiring a shuttle from the block rooms to the venue.
  • I'm in the "adults can figure this out" camp
  • Adults can figure it out, just like they would if they were away somewhere any other time.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm in the adults can figure this out camp, but I'd probably write out a list of 2-3 numbers and give it to the bartender. In my personal experience, asking the bartender has often been the first step in the process of figuring it out. 
  • Guests are adults who will figure this out.
  • I am an adult and would have arranged transportation before the event.
  • Thanks everyone!  As usual I'm worrying about dumb stuff :)  I'll just print up a few cards with some taxi numbers on it that I can leave with the bartender.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • I have never been to a wedding where transportation was provided for the guests. So I'd say it's a luxury perk, definitely not required. The cards with cab numbers is a nice gesture - you can also leave a few in the bathrooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards