Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Am I supposed to put a sign on the gift table?

We're a couple of weeks out and trying to make sure we haven't forgotten to make any kinds of signs or labels that we need for the reception.  We are all set on table signs, and we're working on a sign for our guestbook. But I can't figure out if I really need to do signs for the gift table? We have a cage the venue is lending us for cards. I suppose I could make a card sign for the cage but I wasn't sure if I should be doing anything else. I feel a little weird about labeling the table in case it seems presumptious (my mother already hit the roof over the concept of a gift table, period, so I don't want to make it worse). Advice? 

Re: Am I supposed to put a sign on the gift table?

• Options
    People will be able to use common sense when they walk in carrying a gift/card and see an empty table with a card cage on it. No signs.
  • Options
    People will be able to use common sense when they walk in carrying a gift/card and see an empty table with a card cage on it. No signs.
    This.

I honestly couldn't tell you if there were signs or not, but when I saw a long table, that also had a card box on it, I figured that was where I should drop my gift/card.

• Options
    We had wooden letters that I painted and rhinestoned that spelled out "gifts" that we had on the gift table. Presumptious? Sure, but it's a wedding. I knew there were gifts. As for the birdcage, we just took a card in an envelope, wrote our names on it, and put it in the birdcage for a visual clue in case there was anyone who couldn't figure that one out.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Signs aren't necessary.
  • Options
    We didn't have a sign, but we did have a card box on the table. I think that was enough for our guests to figure out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Thanks everyone! My family seemed weirded out by the gift table concept so I wasn't sure how obvious it would be. I like the idea of putting a "starter" card/envelope in teh cage so people know what it's for. 
  • Options
    The first time I saw the bird cage idea, I had no clue what it was for. Admittedly, I haven't been to many weddings. But, I've also seen weddings were the cage stayed empty. I think guests thought it was a decoration. I'm planning to create something about reminding people to sign the guest book. By the guest book, I'll put the cage or box with a card sign on it. I also love good signs.
  • Options
    @nyyanks-  you can't advertise here.  Every post of yours if for this website.  Shame on you.  @lyndausvi - can you please ban?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards