Snarky Brides
Options

Band Vent

I just need to bitch a tiny bit...

We have hired a great band at a great price. Obviously, they require meals for the wedding. However, they are a 5 piece band and they said they needed 8 meals. I called to asked about this. They said the other three were their roadies, aka, their WIVES. Ugh, I doubt they are actually working, they just want a night out on my dime.

I know this is minor in the scheme of things, but FI refuses to share my frustration.

Re: Band Vent

• Options
    What I don't get is when you hire someone for "a great price", which to me means, under market value, then complain when they want something extra?  

If you didn't want to buy the extra meals (which I assume was in their contract) then you shouldn't have signed their contract.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Is it in their contract that their wives need meals too? If so you're kind of stuck. If not I suppose you could refuse the extra 3 meals but are 3 meals worth pissing off your vendor who controls the life of the party?

Personally I think it's rude of them to assume their wives can come and get fed, they are working your wedding not wedding guests. Do their wives plan to drink? I really wouldn't be ok with the last part. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, the big question is whether or not this is in their contract.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Eh, as a singer/roadie/FI-to-a-band leader, setting up and tearing down band equipment is a big job, if there are drums, amps, mics, speakers, instruments, (we usually have to take our own PA and everything) and all the cordage that goes with those things. Unless they're an acoustic band its not totally crazy to think it might take a few extra hands to haul and set up everything to make it go quickly and smoothly.

That being said, PPs are right to check your contract.
  • Options
    Check the contract.  However, DH feeds bands all the time, that included the roadies, not just the actually band members.   Having a wife as a roadie for smallish local type band is hardly unusual. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'd be ok with feeding them, I would not be ok with them drinking, especially if I had a consumption billed bar.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards