Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Videographer?

My wedding day is fast approaching and I recently am toying with the idea of having a videographer at our wedding. The problem is I'm not sure I have enough room left in the budget to have one. What is the average cost of a videographer and is it really worth the cost in your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Videographer?

• Options
    That really depends on your area.  I'd post this on your local board or do a google search for your area to find companies.  If the pricing isn't on their webpage, a quick call will get you an answer.
  • Options
    tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Ask your photographer if they have a second person that they can bring to video the wedding. That is what we have....I have gone back and forth about having the reception recorded...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try Thumbtack.  It allows you to put in about what you think you can afford, and then vendors respond to your "ad" with what they are willing to do.
  • Options
    Erich&JamieErich&Jamie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2015
    I was in the EXACT same position! I added a forum about this too. 2 weeks before the wedding I found the perfect videographer and he was affordable. I ended up hiring him and it was the best wedding decision I made, even though I had been on the fence about it budget-wise. You'll never regret it! Ours was $3500, but I believe the average is $5k and up. Our video was more than I could've hoped for. Jamie + Erich Aspen Wedding movie www.amazingweddingmovies.com
  • Options
    It is not cheap but I think it is one of most memorable things you can do for your wedding. I highly recommend Kinsmen Productions out of Houston.

below is my wedding video that they just did.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards