Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Question about Printing and Paper Thickness

Hello –

I am in the process of creating save the dates and I want to use a thicker cardstock. I’ve visited some local print shops that offer digital and offset printers, but am having trouble finding a printshop that can print on thicker cardstock. The cardstock I love is likely used for letterpress invitations but I just want printing done and not letterpress – it is 166 lb weight. Does anyone have any ideas on a printshop that may be able to print on this type of cardstock? If not, has anyone had any luck on a stock that is a step below this? I just want something on the thicker side.

Thanks!

Re: Question about Printing and Paper Thickness

• Options
    Hmmm maybe try FedEx office?  I had my inserts printed there but that was only on 80#.  The 80# was sturdy enough to be used for return RSVP postcards.  

You also might try a screenprinting shop vs a regular printing shop.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I took a lot of my stuff to FedEx office as well (formerly Kinko's). I had my invitations and inserts printed there and they were able to accommodate 90# to 110# cardstock. I didn't have to use anything thicker than that, so I can't comment on if they can handle it, but the employees were very helpful. The cardstock I used was thick enough that I was able to print my directions card (it was a light creme color cardstock) with black ink on front and back and there was zero bleed-through or transparency.
  • Options

My suggestion would be to order them online.  You can go to uprinting.com and order a free paper sample kit that can give you an idea of the paper weights.  (You do not have to order from them.)  Our save the dates were bookmarks (Jane Austen theme, "consider yourself booked").  Anyway, I designed them in Photoshop and had them printed on 14pt gloss UV coated on both sides and they came out great (and cost under $50 for 100).  I punched a hole in the top of each one and tied a burlap ribbon.  They definitely look professionally done and we have gotten tons of compliments on them :) We were originally going to print them on 110 lb cardstock, but what a difference the UV coating makes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards