Chit Chat
Options

'Later Alligators

edited September 2015 in Chit Chat
Good Morning!

Last day on TK for awhile! FI and I leave tomorrow morning to drive back to our hometown. We have massages booked and coffees with friends and other things all week, and then next weekend is the wedding! And then immediately off to Paris for a week!

Congrats to all those getting married this weekend, and my fellow September 12thers, @julieanne912 is the only one I can think off the top of my head but I know there are more out there!

As it's also a long weekend, I am pretty much the only one in the office today, so I am going to require you guys to keep me entertained for the next 8 hours which I am anticipating to crawl by!

So:

Bad Habits: Picking. I pick my nails and I pull out my eyebrows and eyelashes when I am stressed. Restraining myself from pulling out my eyebrows leading up to the wedding has been one of the hardest things I've had to do

Best side of the Pillow:  Cold side. Must flip the pillow to use the cold side. 

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: Right now it's about 7 minutes in heavy traffic. At my old job I had to drive 15 minutes to the next city over, wait 10 minutes for a train, and then sit on the train for 15 minutes and then walk 4 blocks to work. 

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? FI seeing me for the first time in my dress. I want to show him it so bad and its been torture keeping it from him

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  35 minutes if I am showering, 20 if I am not. And that time includes making a lunch. I dont wear makeup so it its pretty quick to wash face, brush straight hair and throw on some clothes.

If you were an animal what would you be:  A red panda. They are my alter ego. I'm small and have red hair. My FI's term of endearment for me is Panda because early on in dating he saw a Telus commercial with a red panda and it reminded him of me.

Random tidbit about yourself:  My hair is currently down to my lower back. I have a haircut booked for after the honeymoon to chop it to between shoulder and chin length. I've wanted to donate my hair for years for wigs, but always got frusterated with the length and chopped it before I got the required amount. The amount of people that are seemingly invested in my hair once they find out this is weird. Everyone I have mentioned it too has said a comment around the lines of 'you can't cut your hair!' or 'why would you do that!!'

I really don't get why they care what my hair looks like. Its bizarre.

ETA: Last night I got an email from a guest who had RSVP'd no. Telling me she was coming. Not asking. telling. and to not worry about changing anything, that she will just share a seat and meal with her boyfriend (who had rsvpd yes)

Re: 'Later Alligators

• Options
    Yay happy wedding to you too :)

Bad Habits: I'm a picker too... any flaky skin, or if there's something that remotely resembles a pimple.  

Best side of the Pillow:  Cold side. Must flip the pillow to use the cold side. (ditto)

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: Right now it's about 35 minutes assuming I don't hit any super bad traffic.  I avoid the highways because of that.  It sounds long, but even the grocery store is a 15 minute drive so it's really not that bad.  And, it's a pretty drive, get to look at the mountains for about half of it.  My longest was when I moved back to CA for 2 years before I met FI.  I commuted about 60 miles each way from my parents house to my hometown where I found a job.  It wasn't a stressful drive as it was a pretty straight shot on a non-busy highway though, unless it was foggy.  

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? I'm super stoked for the reception in general.  I can't wait to have a good time with our friends and family.  All of my mom's siblings (5 of them) are coming, along with my 95 year old grandpa, and a decent amount of my cousins and we all live in different states, so it's always a good time when we're in one place for a happy occasion.  Last time was for my grandma's funeral.

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  If FI is home (ie I don't have to give the dogs as much attention in the morning since he works from home when not travelling), I can be ready in about 30 minutes.  If he's not home it's more like 45 since I have to pay more attention to them, let them run around extra outside etc.  

If you were an animal what would you be:  Hmmm... I think I'd like to be a little sweet song bird, since I could fly, and would be, well, sweet.

Random tidbit about yourself:  I wanted to be a police officer all through jr high and high school.  My junior year I took a computer publishing/graphic design class, and was also a TA for the same teacher my senior year.  He encouraged me to go to college instead.  I never finished college but I can't say I regret not being a police officer, especially these days.  I just indulge myself with lots of police shows on TV.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    You can have my Dreamfinity Cooling Gel Pillow when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. 

• Options
    I'm a  teacher so I too can't just slip out unnoticed!
    Bad Habits: VERY messy eater. H jokes that's the #1 reason we need a jdog- to pick up my crumbs.. All the more reason to wear cute aprons through dinner! I'm a picker too- mainly toenails/fingernails
    Best side of the Pillow:  cold. Didn't know anyone preferred warm
    How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: 25 minutes. I've always commuted between 10-25 minutes except the one holiday season working at Ann Taylor Left where calling the commute a nighmare was an understatement.
    What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? My cocktail hour. We had great food (including raw oysters), chill music and since we took almost all pictures before hand I got to spend the whole time with my guests drinking top shelf cocktails (my dad owns a liquor store so I drink rail when I'm out or at my house, top shelf when I'm at their housel)! Oh and theentire reception was held at my H's family compound so it was very personal to us.
    How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  I get up at 5 but don't leave until 5:45-6. If I could get up at 6:30-7 it would probably take 20 minutes. But because usually still half asleep I might stare at the coffeepot for 2-3 minutes before I realize it needs to be turned on and other things like that.
    If you were an animal what would you be:  .Andy Cohen (bravo)'s rescue dog Wacha. That boy lives the life!

Random tidbit about yourself:  Besides getting married, I had a really rough summer (no warm/hot water for 1.5 months, had to put down a dog we rescued 2 weeks early that had terminal cancer, house floods less than 24 hours after that) so I am really glad to be back on TK and back to school! Even though vacation is over I think my stress level has FINALLY gotten back to normal levels

• Options
    Bad Habits: Definitely picking and biting too - I have bit my nails my entire life and I stopped last year. I am super proud of myself but I still chew the shit out of my cuticlesand fingers.

Best side of the Pillow:  Hard to describe but I flip it every night because my fat head smashes the filler up during the night and I like it all down by my neck.

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: About 15 minutes to go 6 miles. My longest was maybe 25 minutes. I DESPISE traffic and short commute is important to me.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? Honestly I'm not sure. Finally being married and getting it all over with. 

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  5 - 10 minutes if not showering and 40 if I am. It takes a while to blow dry my hair, even if I only dry likr a third of it. 

If you were an animal what would you be:  A bear. Eating for six months and then sleeping for six months sounds delightful. And not much fucks with bears. 

Random tidbit about yourself:  I too have pretty long hair and hate when strangers comment on it. I get the opposite - random idiots at the store telling me I should donate it. I may or may not suggest to these people that they donate a kidney. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2015

Congratulations @soontobeMrsKlein! So happy for you!

Bad Habits: Ignoring people when I am annoyed with them. I just shut down. This doesn't bode well at work.

Best side of the Pillow:  Cold side. Always and forever. 

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: Currently it's about 40 minutes to go 15 miles. My longest commute was 2 hours when I lived in DC/VA area.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? Having my dad walk me down the aisle to FI. Dad actually adopted me and so thought I wouldn't want him to walk me down the aisle. He cried to my mom after I asked him why he thought I wouldn't have him as part of my wedding.

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  20 minutes. I'd rather sleep than watch tv and drink coffee. Up and out is my motto.

If you were an animal what would you be:  A liger. Because they are pretty much the coolest animal ever.

Random tidbit about yourself:  Similar to OP. My hair is blue and I have been growing it out for the wedding. After the wedding, I'm chopping it off. Too much hair. I always wear it in a ponytail or bun as it is. But the big question I get is, "What color is your hair going to be for the wedding?" "Uhhh...blue."
  • Options
    Bad Habits:  Popping pimples, although I've gotten a lot better about that.  I broke my nail biting habbit years ago in high school- just stopped cold turkey one day.

Best side of the Pillow:  Whichever side I fall asleep on.

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: I have my longest commute to work now, though most of mine have been long, but never as long as this.  Door to door I'm at 2 hours each way.  Thankfully about 80-90 minutes of that each way is on a train; the rest I walk.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? Getting married so I can stop saying fiance- I'm not jazzed necessarily about saying "husband" but the word fiance just gets old after a while.  I still slip and say boyfriend every now and then too- even though our engagement will be over 18 months by the time we're done.

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  I wake up 45 minutes before I leave; takes me about 35 minutes and sometimes I need the 10 minute buffer if I shower in the morning instead of at night- if not, I get back into bed with fiance for a few more minutes.  I don't wear make-up; the longest part of my morning routine is the 15 minutes of oil pulling I do before I floss and "water brush" my teeth.  I'll get half dressed or pack my lunch or shower while I do this most mornings.

If you were an animal what would you be:  A dog owned by my FILs because they just allow their dogs to be "free spirits."  Or a horse because I love horses and they're beautiful.  Or maybe a bird because I think it'd be cool to fly.

Random tidbit about yourself:  After I'm married I'm thinking about learning how to play the mandolin- if I can find time w/ my crazy ass commute to practice.  If I don't sit in a quiet car, I don't think they can ask me to move... maybe I can play mandolin on the way home every day.  Hmmmm..

HAPPY WEDDING!  I'm SO jeal of your honeymoon too!  Have fun!
  • Options
    Bad Habits:  Popping pimples, although I've gotten a lot better about that.  I broke my nail biting habbit years ago in high school- just stopped cold turkey one day.

Best side of the Pillow:  Whichever side I fall asleep on.

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: I have my longest commute to work now, though most of mine have been long, but never as long as this.  Door to door I'm at 2 hours each way.  Thankfully about 80-90 minutes of that each way is on a train; the rest I walk.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? Getting married so I can stop saying fiance- I'm not jazzed necessarily about saying "husband" but the word fiance just gets old after a while.  I still slip and say boyfriend every now and then too- even though our engagement will be over 18 months by the time we're done.

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  I wake up 45 minutes before I leave; takes me about 35 minutes and sometimes I need the 10 minute buffer if I shower in the morning instead of at night- if not, I get back into bed with fiance for a few more minutes.  I don't wear make-up; the longest part of my morning routine is the 15 minutes of oil pulling I do before I floss and "water brush" my teeth.  I'll get half dressed or pack my lunch or shower while I do this most mornings.

If you were an animal what would you be:  A dog owned by my FILs because they just allow their dogs to be "free spirits."  Or a horse because I love horses and they're beautiful.  Or maybe a bird because I think it'd be cool to fly.

Random tidbit about yourself:  After I'm married I'm thinking about learning how to play the mandolin- if I can find time w/ my crazy ass commute to practice.  If I don't sit in a quiet car, I don't think they can ask me to move... maybe I can play mandolin on the way home every day.  Hmmmm..

HAPPY WEDDING!  I'm SO jeal of your honeymoon too!  Have fun!

Oh I hear you on the Fiance thing. Both FI and I hate that word. After awhile it just starts to lose its luster almost sounding immature to me. We've been engaged for 18 months too and both of us are so ready for new terminology.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Bad Habits: biting my nails - especially when I'm stressed.

Best side of the Pillow:  COLD. @zitiqueen I am going to have to get one of those dreamfinity cooling pillows!!

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: Currently it's 30 minutes (11 miles). My worst commute was when I worked in Cambridge (I live just South of Boston) and it took at least 90 minutes - drive to the T, wait for the T, take the T and pray it doesn't break down, walk 15 minutes from the station to the office.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? I think my favorite part was just seeing everyone so happy and celebrating with our closest friends and family. Although my 83-year-old grandma getting down to Snap's I Got the Power at the end of the night was pretty damn awesome.

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  25 minutes - most of which is picking out my outfit.

If you were an animal what would you be:  Definitely someone's spoiled dog - @lnixon8 I think you have the best answer - I follow Andy on Instagram and Wacha totally lives it up!

Random tidbit about yourself:  I'm obsessed with mustard (I always have at least 4 kinds in the fridge at home), and sunflowers creep me out.

ETA: CONGRATS @SoontobeMrsKlein!!!
  • Options

Congrats September brides!

Bad Habits: Picking at split ends. Before I cut 6 inches off of my hair, I wore it in a braid every. single. day. to avoid picking at them/cutting them off.

Best side of the Pillow:  The left side? I mean, my pillow doesn’t lend itself to flipping it over for the cold side, since it’s one of those contoured memory foam ones.

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: It takes me 8 minutes door to door, less if I don’t hit any red lights. My work is only two miles from my house, and I take back roads the whole way. My longest commute was about 30 minutes by bus or 20 minutes on a bike, so not bad at all. 

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? My favorite part was waiting to walk in to the ceremony with my dad. I was so nervous, and so excited. And a freight train came barreling through while we were waiting to walk in, which was actually really funny – I mean, of all the times for a train to come, one chugged by at THE worst time.

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  30 minutes? I have a very set morning routine – wake up at 6:45, wash face/brush teeth, put oatmeal in the microwave, do makeup and hair, get dressed, eat and watch the news. I usually have about 20 minutes to spare after that, where I feed the chickens or water the garden or just sit and drink coffee.

If you were an animal what would you be:  A dog. They get to sleep and eat and play, and they don’t have to take care of themselves. Sounds like a good life.

Random tidbit about yourself:  I HATE putting dishes and laundry away. I don’t mind actually washing dishes or doing laundry, but I have an aversion to putting things away. I leave clean laundry unfolded in my laundry basket until I need it, and eventually the basket is empty again. I wish H would fold my laundry for me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bad Habits: I pick at my face. I have gotten better about it but still if I have a break out or one healing, I mess with it.

Best side of the Pillow:  I don't really have a side. I know, kill me haha. I am kind of embarrassed that the pillow I use and only one I like is the one from when I was like 5 years old.

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: I drive 65 miles to work right which is the longest commute I have had but my commutes are usually at least 30 minutes, if not more.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? My favorite part of the wedding was actually before the wedding. DH and I did a first look and got to hang out with the whole wedding party before the wedding. My second favorite was my little brother walking me down the aisle to my older brother playing Canon in D on the acoustic guitar and they both gave me away. 

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  About 45 minutes. That includes taking the dogs out and getting ready. I shower at night so I really just have to throw myself together.

If you were an animal what would you be:  DH calls me his Ducky because I always used to say, "Yep yep yep" like Ducky from Land Before Time and we both love ducks. I think they are intriguing. 

Random tidbit about yourself: DH and I live in the country and I grew up on a farm. We would both rather drive over an hour to work than to move because we love where we live.

• Options
    Congrats to all Labor Day weekend brides! I'm attending a wedding tomorrow and one on the 12th too. Woo!

Bad Habits: Picking my cuticles :(

Best side of the Pillow:  No preference

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: I live 3.5 miles from the office and door-to-door it's 45 minutes. The worst was 1 hour and 45 minutes on a bus in bad snow. At least I had a seat and I felt bad for those who were standing. 

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? I can't pinpoint a favorite part... for some reason, greeting everyone at cocktail hour really stands out. Wooo! Party!

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  half a hour including a shower and eating cereal

If you were an animal what would you be:  One of the large cat species, but no real preference

Random tidbit about yourself:  I'm terrible with random tidbit exercises, "tell me something interesting about yourself" exercises, or any other icebreaker. I've led a very mundane life. So um... I love to travel. Like a ton of other people do, of course. 

• Options
    Throwing my 2 cents in because HEY IT'S FRIDAY AND THIS DAY IS TAKING TOO LONG!!

Bad Habits: I'm not sure. Maybe picking my nails?

Best side of the Pillow:  Mine is a weird pillow so "the lowest bump" is where I sleep. {it adjusts to your neck}

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: Assuming I don't stop for food/drink before coming to the office, 35mins. That includes bus and walking. 

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? Gosh I can't even think of my favourite moment, there were a few. Having all my girls with me, walking out and seeing him there {even though I knew he was there}, sitting together at our table for dinner, seeing everyone and we both said "wow, it's our whole lives right here" around the same time, when I was chit-chatting with my coworkers and another coworker showed up to surprise me. Our first dance. It felt so perfect at that moment. Okay .... there's a lot lol

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  If i'm out of bed on time, 40mins. For whatever reason that's the same time with or without makeup

If you were an animal what would you be:  Uhm ... good question. Maybe a cat? I enjoy being lazy. Or something equally fluffy

Random tidbit about yourself:
    This feels like interviews "ask me about yourself" .... I do makeup and youtube videos. I love my job. I hate spending money but I enjoy new things {I know. Oxymoron} I have anxiety and seasonal depression, doctor diagnosed. Both of those things cause me to have OCD tendencies. Uhm .... I think that got a lot more personal than anticipated :| sorry
  • Options
    So excited for you and your 9/12 wedding!! I hope we get a chance to see pics.

Bad Habits: When I am stressed, I tend to drive pretty aggressively. I also honk at (whom I'm guessing are) tourists, who seem completely lost and are causing traffic jams.

Best side of the Pillow:  No preference.

How long is your commute to work/what was your longest commute to work: Normally about 45 minutes. 15 with no traffic.

What part are you most excited for for your wedding/For those who are married, what was your favorite part? I'm really excited for our first look, and for our ceremony!! I will also feel a huge relief when the day is over, and I can stop stressing over little things. :)

How Long does it take you to get ready in the morning:  45-50 minutes. That includes the time I'm watching the news and cleaning up a bit.

If you were an animal what would you be:  A cat. Sleeping is one of my favorite hobbies.

Random tidbit about yourself: I am currently obsessed with the TV show Mistresses.

• Options
    Happy wedding Week!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards