Wedding Etiquette Forum

How much to tip my Venue/Event Coordinator?

Hi!

I’m figuring out my wedding budget and want to make sure I include gratuities. (The venue is a not for profit, so no sales tax.)

My venue costs $7000, but there is an additional “staffing fee” of $1000 for security & the venue’s event coordinator (she’ll be our point of contact all that night).

Assuming she does a stellar job, do I tip the venue/venue coordinator on the venue cost ($7000) or the staffing fee ($1000)?

Thanks!

Re: How much to tip my Venue/Event Coordinator?

• lfiske said:

Hi!

I’m figuring out my wedding budget and want to make sure I include gratuities. (The venue is a not for profit, so no sales tax.)

My venue costs $7000, but there is an additional “staffing fee” of $1000 for security & the venue’s event coordinator (she’ll be our point of contact all that night).

Assuming she does a stellar job, do I tip the venue/venue coordinator on the venue cost ($7000) or the staffing fee ($1000)?

Thanks!
    Honestly, I didn't tip my venue coordinator. She did an acceptable job, but didn't go above and beyond. She also didn't stay throughout the whole wedding. I did tip our private server separately, and I did send the venue coordinator a thank you. 

If you want to tip, I probably wouldn't do it on a percentage basis. I would just tip like 100 bucks (or whatever) and call it a day.

• What will sure be doing? Is she just there to make sure you don't burn the place down or is she in charge on catering, servers, coordinating deliveries, setup and clean up?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• As a PP suggested, we didn't tip on a percentage basis.  I believe we gave our coordinator $200 at the end of the night.
  • Hi and thanks for your responses so far! To address photokitty's question,  The coordinator will be present the entire day of the wedding, helping receive deliveries, coordinating some of the decor being put up, as well as overseeing the orchestration of the event ie: flipping the ceremony room into the dance room while everyone is at cocktails/dinner, and will oversee the vendor breakdown at the end of the night.

I've only met with her once, but she also made it seem as though she will be available to help me if I need vendor recommendations, help coordinating the schedule of events that evening, suggesting what works well regarding music/dj/av/decor/etc.

This venue is also on the UES of NYC, so I don't want to undertip given the neighborhood and what the venue might be used to receiving.

Thank you for all your suggestions and I welcome any more you may have!

:)
  • lfiskelfiske member
    First Comment
    edited September 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards