Snarky Brides

No "Thank you"'s

My FI and I went to a wedding for his college friend in early May. My FI was a groomsmen, but neither one of ever met the bride until the day of the wedding. It was a hot (110 degrees!) mess of a wedding. The bride is very immature, I went to use the restroom and found her screaming at bridesmaids for taking photo booth photos without her. 

Their wedding registry was so weird. It was mostly yoga/workout stuff for her and a few decorative items. HOWEVER, they had a Honey fund, OF COURSE. My FI wanted to gift towards the Honey fund, and after asking a few other groomsmen what they had decided to do, (all less than $50 options), my FI decided to gift a larger sum to help them out. 

I spoke to another guest recently and she mentioned how she couldn't believe how fast they received their "Thank You" note. Weird. We didn't get any Thank You. The Bride and Groom didn't even talk to us at the rehearsal or wedding. 

Am I being a giant B-word for expecting a thank you card? 

I want a darn thank you card for sitting in the 110 degree heat and burning my legs on BLACK VINYL CHAIRS. 

Re: No "Thank you"'s

• Oooooo.

And who knows if it was just lost in the mail or they actually snubbed you! 

If they couldn't even talk to their own groomsman at the rehearsal or wedding, I'd be removing them permanently from my list of friends, frankly. 

• Maybe she just hasn't gotten around to all of them yet. My wedding was large and I got all the cash/check/card thank yous done very quickly... then the 4 year old lab we rescued 2 weeks earlier suddenly had to be put down and less than 24 hours later our entire first floor had 4 inches of water from a freak bathroom accident upstairs. There is defiently a gap in between my guests recieving thanks yous.

Not saying this is what happened to you but people say to mail thank yous as soon as you write them. Hopefully yours will come soon!

• Sounds like a big trainwreck. They should have spoken to you. And certainly you are due thanks. I won't even go near the "honeyfund." (Ugh.)
  • I have a huge problem with people not sending out thank you cards - for any event in general. My FBIL and his wife actually did what I think OP is describing... sent out thank you cards to select people and then skipped others. For whatever reason, they skipped thanking a ton of our friends. And guess what? Everyone noticed. A year after the wedding, one of our friends asked if we were ever thanked, which were were, and then everyone realized that they were likely purposely skipped. The wedding was 3 years ago and there are still some people who bring it up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• What is the typical time you have to write all of the thank you notes? 1 month or so?

I think almost 4 months is ridiculously long!! Hopefully you aren't getting snubbed!!

We also attended a wedding a few months ago, but not one person has received a thank you note yet (at least not that we are aware of). I have seen a lot of messages going back and forth about it. Not to mention that the groom told all of the GM (my FI was one of them) that he was going to mail their GM gift post wedding. No thank you note, no GM gift (I wouldn't care except he specifically mentioned he would send one). It's honestly a bit hurtful especially since they planned their wedding in about 2 months, and we had to spend a lot of money to book last minute flights to be there for them.

• peachy13 said:
    I have a huge problem with people not sending out thank you cards - for any event in general. My FBIL and his wife actually did what I think OP is describing... sent out thank you cards to select people and then skipped others. For whatever reason, they skipped thanking a ton of our friends. And guess what? Everyone noticed. A year after the wedding, one of our friends asked if we were ever thanked, which were were, and then everyone realized that they were likely purposely skipped. The wedding was 3 years ago and there are still some people who bring it up.

I went to a [clusterfuck of a] wedding ~2 years ago with my fiance and his family (it was a family friend getting married, they practically grew up together) that would probably deserve its own post (fiance and I lived together before the invitations were sent, he was still invited on the same invitation as his cousins at his old address, that he hadn't lived at for ~4 months, registry info on the invite, honeyfund, etc.). We gave them a check and never heard anything, no thank you card, not even a "thanks" text. Saw the bride at the wedding for 3 seconds, the groom never even came to our table (we were at the "bride's friends" table). I'm still bitter about it 2+ years later.

The bride's mom and dad were invited to our engagement party and gave us a gift. We sent out thank you cards within 2 or 3 days.
  • Sounds terrible! I am from Texas and 110 would kill me.

I will take a different tack and maybe say it got lost in the mail? Since other people have gotten notes maybe something just happened in transit? Do not get me wrong, this girl sounds like a real peach. However, things do happen. Our mail is terrible, to the point we send most things from our work since we have had better luck with that.

I am still stunned by the fact she would basically blame others for not giving them enough for all the extras on their honeymoon. Gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards