Registry and Gift Forum

Thankful Registry feedback

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some feedback on Thankful Registry. Both myself/fiancé found it straightforward, but I wanted to check with some others before we went ahead with it.

Main reasons we are planning on going with it is that it allows you to add items from places that don't necessarily have registries and guests aren't limited to purchasing from where you specify.

Here's the link to one of the examples setup by the site: https://thankfulregistry.com/mikeandevan

Do you find it straightforward/easy to use?

Re: Thankful Registry feedback

• Hmmm. This seems fishy. OP, are you perhaps EMPLOYED by this website?

If so, that is sneaky and inappropriate.

Regardless, honeymoon registries and sites that offer honeymoon registries are tacky and rude.

• No not employed by them - rereading my message I can see how it might come across that way.

We aren't planning on using it for honeymoon/PayPal/cash also btw. Only for items.
  • No not employed by them - rereading my message I can see how it might come across that way. We aren't planning on using it for honeymoon/PayPal/cash also btw. Only for items.

My bad -

Does the registry actually give you those items? Or do they send you a check so that you can purchase the items? And is there an additional charge applied to purchases made by people shopping your registry? Because a lot of the "one stop shopping" registry sites like this do these things.

Is there a reason why you are contemplating this over a "traditional" registry?

• No not employed by them - rereading my message I can see how it might come across that way.

We aren't planning on using it for honeymoon/PayPal/cash also btw. Only for items.

My bad -

Does the registry actually give you those items? Or do they send you a check so that you can purchase the items? And is there an additional charge applied to purchases made by people shopping your registry? Because a lot of the "one stop shopping" registry sites like this do these things.

People go off site to wherever you linked to to purchase the items - that's the part of the process I'm most concerned about, that making the item as purchased and actually purchasing it is clear.

So it's not like we receive a cheque instead of items or people get charged extra - it costs $30 to have the registry for a year though, but that is a charge on our end and the only fees associated with it.

Main reason not to go with a "traditional" registry is most of the items we want can't be registered for - camping/hiking gear from small manufacturersmanufacturers. We're also in Canada, which somewhat limits our options, i know Amazon is often recommended, but not as many people use Amazon up here.

I think if we did this, we'd register with Thankful and then the Bay or something for traditional items. Otherwise i might just make a Google doc people could edit to indicate they purchased an item.
  • No not employed by them - rereading my message I can see how it might come across that way. We aren't planning on using it for honeymoon/PayPal/cash also btw. Only for items.

My bad -

People go off site to wherever you linked to to purchase the items - that's the part of the process I'm most concerned about, that making the item as purchased and actually purchasing it is clear. So it's not like we receive a cheque instead of items or people get charged extra - it costs $30 to have the registry for a year though, but that is a charge on our end and the only fees associated with it. Main reason not to go with a "traditional" registry is most of the items we want can't be registered for - camping/hiking gear from small manufacturersmanufacturers. We're also in Canada, which somewhat limits our options, i know Amazon is often recommended, but not as many people use Amazon up here. I think if we did this, we'd register with Thankful and then the Bay or something for traditional items. Otherwise i might just make a Google doc people could edit to indicate they purchased an item.
    It's like babylist.com. I used that for my baby shower and had other registries at Babies R Us and other baby stores. 

The problem with these amalgamation registries is that only a couple of people will use them. I had 2 out of 40 people actually go through the Babylist registry. The rest used the easier to use Babies R Us or other stores.

My bad -

People go off site to wherever you linked to to purchase the items - that's the part of the process I'm most concerned about, that making the item as purchased and actually purchasing it is clear. So it's not like we receive a cheque instead of items or people get charged extra - it costs $30 to have the registry for a year though, but that is a charge on our end and the only fees associated with it. Main reason not to go with a "traditional" registry is most of the items we want can't be registered for - camping/hiking gear from small manufacturersmanufacturers. We're also in Canada, which somewhat limits our options, i know Amazon is often recommended, but not as many people use Amazon up here. I think if we did this, we'd register with Thankful and then the Bay or something for traditional items. Otherwise i might just make a Google doc people could edit to indicate they purchased an item.
    I would never pay to have a registry.  Even if people don't OFTEN use Amazon, they probably NEVER use this other one, so why not use the one that they've actually heard of at least?
  • Can't you do the same thing with Amazon?  My Christmas Wish List (sent only to those who ask what I want) has items from different websites and there is no fee.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I appreciate the suggestions, but it would be great to get some feedback on the actual question that I asked - do you find the process of purchasing a gift off the registry easy and the interface to be easy to use?
  • I appreciate the suggestions, but it would be great to get some feedback on the actual question that I asked - do you find the process of purchasing a gift off the registry easy and the interface to be easy to use?

You're sounding like a vendor again.

You're not going to get an answer bc it appears none of us have used it. I would never use it to purchase a gift. Its not a site I would trust with my credit card info.

I don't find it easy, I find Amazon easier and traditional registries the easiest of all.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Agree with PP, I'm going to find something I'm familiar with (big name stores registries and Amazon) way easier to use than some new website I've never used before and wouldn't have used before someone created a registry for it. 
  • "Interface" easy to use question? Vendor alert. I get asked that same question when I demo apps or software at work. Just sayin'
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Ugh. Never mind.

I can see why these forums have such a bad rep... You guys only spout off your predetermined answers and rarely actually address the question that someone is asking.
  • People get paid good money for UAT.  Don't pawn your work off on the boards, OP.
  • Ugh. Never mind. I can see why these forums have such a bad rep... You guys only spout off your predetermined answers and rarely actually address the question that someone is asking.

But we have given you our answer. None of us has used it, and none of us would use it because its function is redundant and we wouldn't trust giving personal credit card information to a site we don't trust.

• TBH I think it looks kind of tacky.  The tradition of a registry was meant to help a couple get their household started.  I realize that this wouldn't make sense for some couples but a site that just has random stuff like restaurant gift cards and magazine subscriptions or honeyfund links looks a bit greedy to me.  I would be turned off as a guest.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh. Never mind. I can see why these forums have such a bad rep... You guys only spout off your predetermined answers and rarely actually address the question that someone is asking.
    The problem is that when people like you don't get told exactly what they want to hear, they just attack the posters. 

No one would use this site. It looks tacky and not trustworthy. That answers your question. 
    I gave you a good answer on a similar amalgamation site that I used for a Baby Registry. Obviously, you didn't read it (or your comprehension is lacking). 

You got good answers, you are either a vendor or working some angle. Trust people here when they say they won't pay for a registry, why would they when you can use something easy and free like Amazon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards