Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

Hola, everyone!  How was the weekend?

Ours was good, but busy.  I'm still behind on the laundry.  :\

We got up early on Saturday so we could meet my mom and pick some apples.  It was an awesome outing.  Weather was great, and everyone had a good time.  DS was glued to my mom.  We ended up with 23 lbs of apples. (!)  I already made a homemade apple crisp (my favorite) and a batch of homemade applesauce. 

Yesterday was gorgeous and we spent a lot of it outside.  DH spent a lot of time doing the Monk thing in the backyard, and decided he needs to rent a trencher to move this project along.

DS is not sleeping.  Ferber was a spectacular failure, which has never happened to us before.  So we're kind of at a loss.  Our only options that we can think of are to stick with Ferber and hope it starts working, which means short-term sleep deprivation for all of us, or co-sleeping until he gets over it.  DH can go in there and quiet him down, and he's fine for a little while, until he starts calling and then crying for me again.  If I go in there, he settles down, but then all hell breaks loose the second I try to leave.  So it seems like some kind of separation anxiety with me. 

And s/o DS, it's barely 3 weeks until his birthday.  I've decided to do a shark cake (he loves sharks!), but after perusing the ones online and being realistic about my talent (or lack thereof), I think I'm going to make a basic ocean-colored rectangle and stick a bunch of plastic sharks on top.  (If I feel really ambitious, I may do icing "waves" and/or "seaweed" on the sides.  Big IF.)  I can bake just fine, but I'm crap at decorating.

Re: Monday

• Options
    I really really swear by the melted chocolate tracing method of making it look like you know how to decorate cakes --it makes it all seem super fancy and like I know what I'm doing.
    (like this, but mine aren't NEARLY this fancy:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Drawing-with-Melted-Chocolate/)

Kid sleeping sucks.

The Mr. got the big V this weekend, so, Buffy is pretty officially an only child, barring something miraculous. 

And the Mr. is an idiot, because while I had Buffy @ girl scouts, he went out and did physically demanding chores, then was all 'ow ow ow'.  In his mind, apparently 'take it easy' means "squish the trash down with a sledgehammer so we can fit another bag in the barrel" and "mow the lawn" 
    I mean, he's a USEFUL idiot, but an idiot, never the less.

We had a relaxing weekend, and Buffy did a sleepover at my parents'
  • Options

Saturday was soccer at the ass crack of dawn. 6let's coach is really terrible.  He's not just bad at coaching, but also communicating and setting a schedule and being on time and being supportive. Kids have been scored on a million times and don't even know how kickoff works.

Sunday was 6let's party.  We had a blast and ate a TON of food.  I'm a little bummed not to have leftovers, but oh well.

The only down side is my uncle is very sick.  He was in the hospital for pleurisy, pneumonia, and an abscess on his lung.  After less than 24 hrs they sent him home.  Fast forward 5 hrs and he drove himself back to the hospital because his legs were BLUE.  His blood pressure was 50 over nothing.  They tried to get an IV, a central line, and eventually had to go into his groin.  My mom and aunt raised hell.  He won't be going home anytime soon.

• Options
    Oh and Shutterfly has free photo books for 72 hours.  I'm putting together a Gatlinburg book.
  • Options
    GBCK said:

And the Mr. is an idiot, because while I had Buffy @ girl scouts, he went out and did physically demanding chores, then was all 'ow ow ow'. 

How does Buffy like GS?  Is it her first year?  Wooz is interested, so we're looking into it and I'm curious what your experience has been.
  • Options
    Weekend was pretty good for the most part.  Last night was a little rough. 

The kiddo went to a friend's house for the weekend.  DH and I had another water guy out on Friday.  We have to decide now what we're going to do.  

Saturday, we got up and went to swap out MIL's cell phone since she and FIL had issues (I'm the plan holder, but it shouldn't have been this hard).  We also went to Costco and picked up DH's bike from being repaired.  We came home and did some cleaning and then ended up at Lowe's for mulch and some other stuff, and walked out $150 later. 

Sunday, I went to the store early.  We cleaned house and then our friends came over to watch the Colts get spanked.  The rest of the night was just relaxing until the kiddo got home from his friends.  We then had a few situations to address with him. 
  • Options
    The weekend was nice but busy.

Saturday we had DD1's soccer game, a birthday party for her friend, and then Son's baseball game.  Sunday we had DD2's soccer game and Son's baseball game.

Sunday night DH and I went to dinner and a movie for our anniversary.  We haven't been on a date in months and months, so it was nice to get out for a while by ourselves.
  • Options
    Friday night DH worked and I hung out at home. 

Saturday morning we headed the outlet mall.  We stopped for breakfast on the way, found a few good deals and were home by late afternoon.  We grilled out for dinner and went to bed early.

Sunday DH worked early morning and I headed to church.  Afterward, I picked up my mom and her friend and met DH at home.  It was my nephew's birthday (13!)so we to his party out at the campground.  The weather was gorgeous all weekend and I'd be happy if it was like that 9 months out of the year here - 72 and sunny.

• Options

She seems to like GS so far--but we've only had like 2 meetings--one at the close of last year, this is her first for this year.  And Daisys aren't hardcore--we do camping (in a tent, the 2 of us) with them this weekend.  I will either have fun or come in here bitching up a storm Monday, so stay tuned :).
    But she said she liked it, they made crafts and will be doing a 'swap' with these crafts soon; all good stuff

If I"m completely honest, I have to say that if Buffy had HER choice, she'd be doing dance.  But I'm not sure *I* want her to do dance, I think the things she needs help with are social (and I don't think dance would help those--although it would help her focus some of her physical energy), and I kinda love GS's progressive ideals...so I decided GS was going to be her activity (and we're only doing 1 rigth now).

But the fact that it wouldn't involve being around 'dance mom' sterotypes AND they actively ENCOURAGE parents to drop off the girls and go get coffee or shop for an hour, then come back were contributing factors to GS being my activity of choice :)

• Options
    This weekend was pretty good. We had a birthday party for nephew on Saturday which was at a bounce place. The kids were worn out, and slept like logs that night. Sunday I did cleaning and then we went over to my parents place for dinner and swimming. Again, they were worn out and I woke in a panic at 7 am this morning because we all overslept.

DD's daycare provider called this morning to let us know that she was sick so DH stayed home with DD this morning. I think we're going to switch daycares and it's sort of killing me because I really do love our current provider but 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards