Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Engagement Photo Locations

Hey everyone! My fiance and I are getting ready to take our engagement photos in the next few weeks. We want to do something that is a mix of the traditional photos most people take (outside- park type photos) but also something unique. We live around a lot of gorgeous outdoor areas so we feel like we can find something for those photos but were hoping for suggestions on what you might know of around Atlanta (city or suburbs) that could be a cool location for engagement photos. Thanks!

Re: Engagement Photo Locations

• Options
    Here's the list my photographer gave me of various places in and around Atlanta. We took ours at Cator Woolford Gardens near Decatur and it was SO gorgeous! The places at the bottom charge an additional fee for professional photography so keep that in mind!! What I did was google search images "location + engagement/wedding photos"  to get an idea of what all these places actually looked like.

ATLANTA: 

• 
    Agnes Scott College: 141 E College Ave Decatur, GA 30030 
    Historic campus—lots of green space. Beautiful buildings/porches, etc. 
    • 
    Chattahoochee River at Paces Mill: 3444 Cobb Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339 
    Scenic spots along Chattahoochee, nature trails/walkways. Lots of greenery/picnic tables, etc. 

• 
    Downtown Decatur/Old Decatur Courthouse: 101 East Court Square, Decatur 30030 
    • 
    Grant Park: 800 Cherokee Ave, Atlanta 
    Lots of greenery, walking trails, very pretty. 

• 
    Lullwater Park Emory: Parking on Gatewood Dr. at intersection with Clifton Rd. on Emory 
    campus 
    Pretty park, paved and wooded walking trails. Lake in center of park, small suspension bridge. 

• 
    Piedmont Park: Parking at Piedmont Park deck off Worchester Drive, Atlanta 
    Great walking trails, lots of greenery, lake in the center of the park, Atlanta city skyline. 

• 
    StudioPlex, Inman Park: 659 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312 
    Old factory converted into lofts, colorful, industrial feel 

• 
    Cator Woolford Gardens: 1815 S Ponce De Leon Avenue Northeast Atlanta, 30307 
    Great garden space, walking area, old beautiful stairwell, bamboo area 

ATLANTA SUBURBS: 

• 
    Marietta Square: E. Park Square, Marietta 
    Fun, colorful buildings, gazebo/greenery/fountain in center of the square. Good mix of options. 

• 
    McDaniel Farm Park: 3251 McDaniel Road Duluth, GA 30096 
    Great walking trails, greenery, cool bridge. Several old interesting farmhouse buildings, rustic setting. 

• 
    Roswell Historic Mill: 85 Mill St., Roswell 
    Old historic Roswell Mill, nature trails, river and waterfall—lots of greenery 

• 
    Downtown Roswell: Atlanta St., Roswell 
    Colorful historic buildings, shops, etc. 

• 
    Roswell River Landing on Chattahoochee: 245 Azalea Dr., Roswell 
    Great views of the Chattahoochee River, walkways, docks 

• 
    Historic Downtown Duluth: 3167 Main St, Duluth, GA 
    Colorful buildings along main st., open green space, Duluth town green, pretty location 
    • 
    Vines Gardens of Gwinnett: 3500 Oak Grove Road, Loganville 30052 
    Gardens, greenery, walking trails 

LOCATIONS WITH A FEE: 

Goat Farm: Fee of $75 

Colorful, textured old buildings converted into artists space. Brick walls, old factory feel. 

Atlanta Botanical Gardens: Fee of $150 
    Turner Field: Fee of $350 

Atlanta History Center: Fee of $250 

Beautiful pathways, greenery, Swan House Gardens, large outdoor staircase/fountains 

• Options
    Thanks!!! This is a great list! Definitely going through and looking these up now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards