Nevada-Las Vegas

What are your favours?

I am trying to sort my favours but having difficulty deciding what to use.

We are coming from UK so don't want anything too big or heavy to take.

I was thinking about a small gift wrapped pack of S'mores.

I've seen them on Instagram a couple of graham crackers, 2 pieces of choclate and 2 marshmallows?

I was thinking of putting a small tag on the gift to say something like use this at home to remind you of our big day or something similar. So that the guests can remember there American vacation when home?

Any better ideas lol?

Re: What are your favours?

• We're coming from Ireland and have the same concerns. We're thinking about doing scratch cards or personalised poker chips to fit with the Vegas theme. You can get cute little holders/envelopes for the scratch cards on etsy or easily make them yourself!
  • We did custom koozies, and playing cards.  Koozies was good idea, playing cards was bad idea since I never see anyone using them.  We still see friends with our koozies four years later.  They compress well and don't weigh much too.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited July 2015
    We are doing a welcome bag with some goodies and itinerary, but also handing out Koozies as our transportation is the Double Decker bus. I foresee the cans of beer and pop sweating, and me and the fiancée always bring our own koozies to BBQs and what not.
  • Pick up some free stuff from the convention center after you arrive and mix that in with a few more personal items such as an itinerary. S'mores sound like a great idea!
  • I love the S'mores idea, my daughter suggested but I already had some things, plus welcome bags. I did scratcher lottery tickets, too, but didn't even consider that they're redeemable in that state only. We had a few winners (small, they were $1 tickets), so we reimbursed them the $ and they gave us the tickets. Also had luggage tags w/personalized decals and favor packs of my husband's favorite candy, Leonidas. I guess more than a couple people thought I was crazy, having chocolate delivered to southern California in July, and then driving across the desert, to Las Vegas!
  • I love the idea of Smores, but can I check that you are buying them out in Vegas? 

Only... from recent trips I seem to recall that you are not allowed to bring any "food" in and it would be a shame for them to be confiscated / there be a customs issue.

Hope this is entirely redundent ;)
  • I would skip the food idea. You're going to have a nightmare clearing customs / TSA. As adorable as it would be, try thinking about other 'Americana' ideas, or sticking with the Vegas theme!

I have given no thought what-so-ever to favours. I always avoid taking them at events and weddings, because I never use them and it just leads to clutter in my life. A program or in the case of my boss's wedding, a fridge magnet (their wedding invitations) is 100% awesome for me, but beyond that, I'm not sure
  • violet555violet555 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2015
    We're doing little hangover kits, or as we call "Vegas Wedding Survival Kits"!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards