Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father-Daughter Dance Songs

So my dad gave me the go ahead to pick any song I want for the father daughter dance. I'd prefer to keep it on the short side (but I can always just tell the DJ to cut the music after ~2 minutes if the song is longer). My dad and I are super close and do stuff together all the time, but music is not one thing we share together but our feelings towards the song are the same, neither of us has any preference; however, we are not a fan of country music, and a lot of stuff I Google keeps pointing me that way. What suggestions do other people have? Thanks for your help!

Re: Father-Daughter Dance Songs

• Options
    Anything you and/or your dad likes will be a nice moment for the two of you.  It can be anything.  And yes, it can always be shortened to less than 3 minutes.  Here are a few ideas:

Classic:  What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
    Light-Hearted:  You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
    Soft-Rock:  Father & Daughter by Paul Simon
    Classic-Rock:  She's a Rainbow by The Rolling Stones
    Oldie:  I Will or In My Life by The Beatles
    Indie/Whimsy:  Sweet Pea  by Amos Lee
    Sinatra:  The Way you Look Tonight
    Movie-Night:  Over The Rainbow or Edelweiss

:-)

• Options
    My dad and I danced to My Girl.
  • Options
    We danced to John Lennon's version of Stand By Me. 
  • Options
    We danced to John Lennon's version of Stand By Me. 
    I actually was thinking of possibly choosing Stand By Me, mainly because I was obsessed with that movie is a kid and I like the song. @donethat I'm going to google some of those songs tonight and listen to them. I'm trying to make this decision by Sunday so I can send it to my DJ (he wants my music list by the end of the month).
  • Options
    I love Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World combination. It's perfect for a father/daughter dance in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z26BvHOD_sg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards