New Jersey

Westmount country club/stateroom LBI

kamisckamisc member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited August 2015 in New Jersey
Hi everyone! We went to see the westmount country club in woodland park and to see the stateroom in LBI and basically fell in love with both. Does anyone have experience at either? Where did you do your rehearsal dinner? Any and all information for how your rehearsal dinner to wedding night went is so greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Westmount country club/stateroom LBI

• My best friend got married at the WMCC back in 2012. I was her MOH. 

There are pros and cons to the place.  First of all, it's very expensive, but they do offer you A TON of food. We ate at the pre-cocktail hour, and the cocktail hour had soooooo much food. By the time dinner came around, most people were stuffed. 

Here are my pros and cons-
    -From the moment you and your bridal party arrive, they take care of you. They bring you food and drinks to the suite which makes you feel like you are getting 1 on 1 attention. I've been in -many weddings and that was a big plus.

- The cocktails are fabulous

- The venue is beautiful

The negative:
    - When dinner came around, if you stepped away from your plate for any reason (to touch up or use restroom) upon return your plate was gone. Thank goodness for the big cocktail hour!

- The bar is outside of the reception room, and it isolates a big part of the crowd fro the wedding. I spent some time at bar chatting with my family and we missed the entire Viennese display because we had no idea it was even happening. This happened to many guests who were having drinks at the same time we were

- There was some issue at the very end with the Maitre'D but I don't remember what it was. All I know is they used Bobby and he is notorious for being a character.  He can be a little too much from what I've heard so it's a matter of being mentally prepared to deal with him.

- You MUST use one of their 3 recommended florists. 

Overall, I still think it was one of the best, most fun weddings I've been to, and of all the weddings I have been in (7 total), I felt most pampered there. 
  • I'm getting married at the Westmount in Spring of next year, I have never been to the Stateroom in LBI so I can't speak to that.

I loved the Westmount and feel like you got the most for your money compared to the other venues in that Northern Jersey area.  I have only heard good things from other brides that got married there/ guests who attended weddings there.
    As to what was stated above- they have now places bars in the main reception rooms so there won't be isolation.
    Also- they are continually upgrading/redoing etc.
    Yes... you need to use 1 of their 3 florists but you can use anyone for music & photography. My opinion with the florists was "well if they work there all the time they know how to set up for it and what works best in the rooms".
    As for rehearsal dinner- we are using a restaurant in Fairfield... it is actually in one of their suggested hotels for room blocks. Bonus- the hotel provides shuttles to and from the venue.
    As for Bobby, we have had no issues dealing with him.  He always provides timely responses to my crazy questions.

No matter what you choose- happy planning :)

• There is a bar inside the room now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards