Connecticut

dress help

I picked up my dress today and met with the seamstress. I explained to her that I need a bustle, the dress to be hemmed, and would like pads added to the dress so I do not need to wear a bra. I also asked her about turning the cuff neckline into a sweetheart neckline, which I discussed with the boutique owner before I bought the dress. The boutique owner said that making a sweetheart neckline would be easy, but the seamstress said she is afraid it will take away from the style of the dress (satin crisscrossed). I thought the dress would look nice with a sweetheart neckline, but now I am concerned. I do not want her to cut it and the not like it. Thoughts? Also, she quoted be 300 dollars for the total cost of alterations before the neckline. Does that seem high?

Re: dress help

• Picture of the dress?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The salon I'm going to caps their alterations at $300 so I'm not sure price wise. It seems about right?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Definitely post a photo of the dress for us to see.  $300 seems average for basic alterations.  I would also recommend you post this to the Attire and Accessories board.  The knotties on there are good about giving honest feedback about alterations.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only had my dress taken in a bit and a bustle added and it was about $200, so $300 doesn't sound outrageous for what you're having done! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards