Not Engaged Yet

*Pops Head In*

Helloooooooooooooooooo.  God it's been so long since I posted on here.  I'm home from work today, and thought I'd peek my head in and say hi.  How are things around these parts?  What's new with everyone?

Spill.

Re: *Pops Head In*

• I tagged you a few times on the Honeymoon board with people asking about Maldives area, but then I'd look back a week later and you never responded so I figured you were gone forever. Hope you're doing well.

• You know what's going on with me, but I just thought I'd say HIIIIII, and that I love you, and for the newer posters that don't know shoes, here's your chance to get to know her! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Hi shoes! I'm married and got my Ph.D. Otherwise life is quiet.
  • Hey there lady!!  How is it going?  Miss you around these parts.  Not too much new here...work is plugging away as usual, new city is great, new house is great (though I had all sorts of issues with permit drama I won't get into) and we are headed to India in about a month for two weeks to visit H's family.  What about you?  What's new?  How is your H and his job?  Your job?
  • Welcome back! How are you liking the new job and area?  Not much new here, just almost finished with the remodel of my house. 
  • Hi Shoes! I'm fairly new to the board. H and I's 1 year anniversary is coming up soon and we are going to the Great Smokey Mountains for a week! Your sig pic is beautiful! Where is that?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jenna8984, sorry about that.  The Maldives is great. I'd definitely look at Kuda Huraa.

@cu97tiger, love you too lady. It's been so long since I've spoken with you on the interwebz.

@KeptInStitches, two pieces of amazing news!  Congratulations, lady! Bet it felt like a million pounds lifted off your shoulders when you finished your PhD. I've got friends in various PhD programs and they can't wait to be done.

@minskat30, I was hoping you'd be around these parts.  I've missed you too! Hooray for loving the new city.  I hope the job is treating you better.  That last one you had gave me the shivers for you.  Thank god you don't have to deal with those bastards anymore.  India sounds fun though!  I hope you guys have a blast!

Moving back was definitely the right call, even though I do miss you and @suzie211 terribly.  My new job is great.  DH is great, as per usual. He recently turned 30, so we went to NYC to celebrate with friends.  I got him an epic watch as a gift.  He was so excited.

H's new job is great...SUPER insanely busy and demanding, but great.  We're both essentially certifiable workaholics, though DH does work more than I do.  I just have the joy of a 45 minute commute each way to add to my workdays.

@speakeasy14, hooray for a house remodel.  What did you have done?  Now that DH and I are starting to look at purchasing a home, I am obsessed with HGTV and home remodels, lol. 

Hi there, @beachyone15.  Nice to meet you. That sounds like a great trip.  I've never been to the Great Smoky Mountains.  I'm a total city slicker and an expert indoorswoman.  Born and raised in NY.  College in Boston. Lived in Chicago for a bit.  Now I live back in Boston.

The picture is from when DH and I went to Bora Bora, almost a year ago now.  God, I can't believe it's been that long.  *Whines* I want to go baaaaack.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @loves2shop4shoes - I'm so glad you and your H are enjoying being back.  I miss you a lot though.  I also miss @suzie211 and hope she and the babee are doing well.  I think its great that you guys are off to such a great start with your work (being a workaholic is no fun but it IS rather helpful for your long-term goals).  45 minute commutes each way suck though. I have a 10 minute commute now a days which is heaven.  The pup is really enjoying his yard too.  How are your fur babies?  
  • @loves2shop4shoes, glad you and your H are both enjoying your jobs!
  • @minskat30, the fur babies are good.  We got Annie and Tessie an enormous 6 foot tall cat tree that looks out the window which overlooks a lake.  They love it.  They're my babies.

@TwoDimes, lots of great news for you! Yay! Buying a house is so exciting. And puppies and babies make my heart go pitter patter.  Sounds like you've had an awesome year!

Also, when did "lady" become offensive?
  • Oh boy...

I'm not a lady either.

Whoops.
  • Oh nice, I didn't talk to you very much I think you were just kind of winding down posting when I started so I remember your fabulous trip but I didn't know you lived near me! I'm in the Worcester area :)

• @jenna8984, Shut the front door!  I work in Westborough!
  • Hi @loves2shop4shoes! Welcome back :)

I got engaged to my lovely now FI, and we are planning a July 2016 wedding currently. That's the biggest news I have really. We both survived layoffs at our company recently too! 

• Blackbird230Blackbird230 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    Hi shoes!!! FI and I finally set an actual date and moved in together! :) Apartment life is pretty chill. We'll probably be here awhile until we save up for a house. How have you been??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's awesome! I work in Hopkinton, we are literally sitting 15 minutes away from each other right now! hahahah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards