Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Lemont/Sheraton

Has anyone been to a Wedding or had a wedding at the Lemont? We are looking there and the Sheraton and heard mixed reviews on the food at the Lemont and the Sheraton.

Any feedback on either?

Re: Lemont/Sheraton

• I've been to the Lemont on several occasions and you probably heard mixed reviews because that's exactly how I would describe their establishment. I'd say 50% of the time the food/service was actually good. I don't know if it has to do with whoever the in house chef is that night or what, but at least half the time the food was definitely overpriced for the quality. Some servers are better than others in terms of attentiveness and personality, but I think that's with any restaurant. No issues with the valet ever. I have only been there for one wedding and there was a problem with the women's bathroom during the reception so they had to send us out to the other restroom that was also used by the diners who were not there for the reception, so that was a bummer. I would say the venue was more suited for an adult-only event. In my opinion, for the price the Lemont charges, there are much better options in Pittsburgh and you'll get more bang for your buck. The view is nice, but after a few seconds of marveling at it, you really won't pay much attention to it for the rest of the evening and neither will your guests. Good luck with planning!
  • I was in a wedding with the reception at the Sheraton.  It's been a few years, and the only thing I remember about the food was that they required the B&G to use Bethel Bakery.  I'm not sure if that is still the case, but it is something to definitely ask before getting to the contract.

Lemont is definitely overpriced for a regular and it is a hit/miss anymore. My sister was looking to host my shower there, and price wise was even with our country club.  She opted for the club because our older relatives wouldn't need to drive into the city.  The plus side with Lemont was that my sister was able to say "X is my budget per person, what can you do?" and the came back with several options.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards