Ohio-Columbus

Non-traditional music for your ceremony?

Hi Ladies!

Anyone choose some rock n roll for their ceremony music? How about walking down the aisle to the beatles? 

I am trying to figure out what I want, as the traditional music isnt something I`m passionate about, yet I still want it to be tasteful. Any ideas for songs the wedding party and bride can walk down to besides Canon in D? :)

Re: Non-traditional music for your ceremony?

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    I had a friend use all Coldplay, so, I think you can pretty much do whatever you want!  I think an all Beatles wedding sounds good:  they have soooo many awesome songs.  Here, There, Everywhere, ... Something ... Imagine ... Blackbird ... In My Life ... I Will ... and tons more.    

Another idea - check out this band and website.  You'll find tons of string versions of pop and rock songs ... oldies, including Beatles, and lots of alternative songs and ideas.  Vitamin String Quartet 

It's YOUR wedding - have fun with it!  
  • Our party walked down the aisle to Canon in D...but we walked down to the Overworld Theme from the Legend of Zelda.

Super-traditional mom was less than excited about it, but we absolutely loved it. :)
    9.13.15 <3

I say "that's what she said" more than any normal person should.
  • My bridesmaids walked to a string quartet cover of Elton John's "your song" and the groomsmen walked in to the Jurassic Park theme song (majestic!) and I walked in to Lana Del Rey's "Radio" and it was the perfect song for us. We also walked out to Queens "you're my best friend"  No need to be traditional!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards