Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Married now for 5 months .... but suddenly second guessing my dress?!

So my wedding went perfectly. My husband and I made sure we were attached at the hand for most of then night and literally everyone that went has been going on and on (still) about how beautiful but stress free the whole night was. They said they have never been to a wedding that was more relaxed but also damn classy.  We got to have a nice honeymoon (Lisbon!) and I am editing the photos and videos as I am a wedding videographer so it's like reliving the day. 

However, I work as a receptionist at a bridal salon and I am surrounded by the dresses I almost bought (hired by this place after I bought my dress) on a daily basis. I see my top 3 choices and keep thinking maybe a chose wrong or maybe I should have waited to pick my dress a little longer and I would have a better selection. My husband loved my dress but I keep thinking maybe I chose the wrong one. 

And I was actually pretty chill during the wedding so I'm not sure if this is because I didn't stress before. 

Re: Married now for 5 months .... but suddenly second guessing my dress?!

• I don't know what you hope to get out of this.You're just going to hurt yourself and feel bad if you keep stressing and obsessing over it. A dress is just a dress. I'm sure yours was gorgeous. 

You got married, do you love your husband and your new life? I'm sure you do, try to let it go.

There's always going to be "what if" "should have" "could have" "would have" 

Honestly, I find it hard to look at all the wedding stuff all the time after my wedding because of that. I don't want to see a bouquet right now and think "I wish I would have chosen those flowers." My flowers were fine, no, more than fine- they were perfect. 

I've deleted my wedding boards on pinterest, and I'm enjoying looking up recipes and decor instead. If it's at all an option, I would suggest trying to find a new job? A consultant at a different store or personal shopping assistant? 
  • justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    dragonavicious said: So my wedding went perfectly. My husband and I made sure we were attached at the hand for most of then night and literally everyone that went has been going on and on (still) about how beautiful but stress free the whole night was. They said they have never been to a wedding that was more relaxed but also damn classy.  We got to have a nice honeymoon (Lisbon!) and I am editing the photos and videos as I am a wedding videographer so it's like reliving the day. 
    However, I work as a receptionist at a bridal salon and I am surrounded by the dresses I almost bought (hired by this place after I bought my dress) on a daily basis. I see my top 3 choices and keep thinking maybe a chose wrong or maybe I should have waited to pick my dress a little longer and I would have a better selection. My husband loved my dress but I keep thinking maybe I chose the wrong one. 
    And I was actually pretty chill during the wedding so I'm not sure if this is because I didn't stress before. 

BOX

When you find yourself thinking that way, replace it with something positive. Only you can let yourself obsess over something that matters so little
    5 months later.
  • Well there is nothing you can do about it now.  So you can either stress and worry over something that you can't change, or you can just move on.  I know that is easier said then done, but when you find yourself looking at the other dresses just remind yourself that your wedding is over with so worrying over your dress choice is kind of pointless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards