Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Blush bridal gown. Now what do the bridesmaids wear?

Being a tomboy most of my life I found it ironic that the dress I fell in love with is a blush, enchanted, Cinderella style dress. (Wtoo - Audrey) SO now, my color scheme for the bridesmaids is kind of shot.  I originally wanted to go with a mauve, grey, and dusty shale color palate, putting the BMs in mauve.  But I went to the shop and help swatches up to my dress and it didn't work.  The colors were too close in hue; there wasn't enough contrast. Now I'm thinking of going with a plum or navy color for the BMs, but I feel like I'm abandoning my original vision.

I'm already an indecisive person, I would really love to hear some unbiased perspective.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Re: Blush bridal gown. Now what do the bridesmaids wear?

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    I would stay away from bright colors like orange, tomato red, or yellow.  Purples, forest greens would look nice.  Beautiful dress!
    Your "vision" is irrelevant.  Go with what looks good to you.  None of your guests will really care about your color scheme.  They will just be hoping for good food at the reception!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I think either purple or navy blue would look great. Jewel tones would look compliment your dress nicely. You can do gray or black too. If they have bridesmaid dress where you bought your dress, just take a selection of dresses, in colors you like (don't worry about the style) and hold them up to your dress. Both dresses can just be on a hanger, and see which one you like the best. I do agree with pp, avoid bright colors.
  • Options
    Agree with the forest greens and purples, even a garnet color. My dress is my dress is more pink than yours but I'm using berry tones, though maybe darker than what you're looking for. Or something softer like the Jenny Yoo BMs dresses linked below. What's your theme or mood?
  • Options
    marie2785marie2785 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    Navy always looks good. Navy was NOT part of my color scheme (my colors were fuchsia, burnt orange, and green), but my bridesmaids were in navy. It allowed all the other colors to pop more. Plus, navy looks good on almost anyone. My bridesmaids skin tones ranged from very dark, to olive, to pale and pink, and navy complimented all of them well. I'm sure plum would also go really well. They got to pick between a plum/wine color and navy, and navy won the vote. 

My dress was a champagne color, and everything all came together perfectly the day of. Even the bright bold flower colors looked amazing. 
  • Options
    I think Navy would be a gorgeous choice! Or you could always be different and put your girls in ivory if you're willing to step outside the box :)

Whatever you do, everyone will be looking at you anyway!!
  • Options
    I completely agree with Marie above. Maybe talk to your bridesmaids about what colors they feel good in? I had navy and ran it by them all of them and they loved it. My MOH hated the idea of a deep/royal purple so we went with navy.

Some people have colors they feel their skin tones just don't go well with. Run your plans by them and see. My sister HATES how she looks in maroon/deep red/burnt red and she had to wear it in a wedding and felt awful the whole day.
  • Options
    With a blush dress? Obvi they wear bashful.
  • Options
    I think a navy or black or dark grey would look good! You could do your original colors in the flowers if you can find something similar
  • Options
    Great advice, thank you!
  • Options
    What tone of blush is your dress? There are shades of grey that could work with it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The picture is attached above.  Its pretty pale blush.  Its Audrey by Wtoo. I think I'm leaning toward navy/grey at this point, but plan to get a of my couple BMs together to look through potential dress options next to my dress. Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards