Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shrug with Strapless Dress

I wasn't going to have a cover-up for my November 7th wedding because I'm wearing a huge ball gown and every time I put it on I start sweating lol. But it's getting pretty chilly here in NY so I'm getting worried and thinking maybe I should purchase something. There were gorgeous cropped shrugs at Nordstrom's Wedding Suite, but all of them were ~$500 which is way more than I want to spend.

Hoping to get opinions on how this looks together (or suggestions of something else):

I've looked at Nordstrom's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's, J. Crew, Ann Taylor, and nada. I found some lovely ones on Etsy but they're international and with customs can't guarantee delivery by my wedding. pretty stupid of me to plan this for the last minute. 

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Re: Shrug with Strapless Dress

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I personally don't like that, however this may give you an idea of how it would look together

I think something lighter would match the feel of your dress something like this

But its really up to you and your style preferences! 

Also for 500 you may look into having sleeves added to your dress. 
  • Options
    Thanks! That 2nd pic is beautiful. 

I definitely don't want to add sleeves, I love the strapless, it's just for later in the evening when we may be outside around a fireplace, which is why I don't want to spend a lot on it. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    BHLDN.com has some pretty ones, under bridal cover ups. Maybe out of budget though.
  • Options
    The sheer one is pretty although it wouldn't keep you much warmer. I'm not a fan of the fuzzy one.

If your wedding is indoors (I certainly hope it is, being november and whatnot) then I wouldn't worry too much about it.  You'll be plenty warm under your dress just like when you tried it on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

blabla89 said:
    The sheer one is pretty although it wouldn't keep you much warmer. I'm not a fan of the fuzzy one.

If your wedding is indoors (I certainly hope it is, being november and whatnot) then I wouldn't worry too much about it.  You'll be plenty warm under your dress just like when you tried it on.

Yes DEFINITELY indoors...perhaps you're right and it's unnecessary. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards