Chit Chat

Almost done planning for now!

Got engaged on August 15, getting married on June 10. Wow has time flown by! 
I have almost everything contracted out and planned. There isn't really much left to do until it gets closer to the wedding. I am surprised that it has gone so smoothly and I haven't gotten stressed out yet (except for some drama with my mom)
We are both really excited about our wedding. We have a lot of things that are pretty unique, I can't wait to see it all come together. How is everyone's planning going?

Re: Almost done planning for now!

• Yay! I'm glad to hear the planning is going smoothly. My planning is going well, I am currently putting together my photo album guestbook and will be sending in a deposit for the DJ soon.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My guest sign in is going to be a hand carved piece of wood in the shape of my state. After the wedding it will have a finish put on it and clock hands installed. Don't know where we are going to put it in the house yet though.
    The biggest thing left is the invites and I just don't know what my budget is for them or what I am looking for.
    As far as deposits goes, I just have to put down a deposit for my hair and makeup and the stage that we are renting for the band. I think all of the other deposits are paid. Idk I've never made a check list out to do list. Just kind of winging it. It's worked out so far
  • We had almost the same timeline. I was engaged August 19, got married this past June 13. I thought it was be perfect amount of time. It helped that my venue was all inclusive, so I had less overall choices, but still felt like I did have choice.

I felt like I made a lot of decisions early on, then got busy with it again in April when it was time to send invitations and start finishing up my DIY's and getting the small details (ceremony, timelines, random logistics) done.

Hopefully the rest goes smoothly for you!
  • Congrats to you!! I'm glad to hear things are going smoothly. My planning was pretty smooth as well, and thankfully ended on September 20. You will be amazed at how relieved you feel once the wedding is over, no matter how smoothly the planning went! Relax and enjoy it, though. It is a special time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards