Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Teeth Whitening?

Has anyone done teeth whitening ?  I was talking to my dentist about possibly doing it before the wedding, but they were saying normal charge was $450.  Eek, seemed a lot more expensive than I had thought.  This is for the in office one hour treatment and then trays for touchups.
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Teeth Whitening?

• Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I'm just going to do the ones you buy at the store for $20-30. I used them a few years ago and they worked really well, so I'm sure the newer ones work better and probably faster.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming that's after considering insurance?  Mine is about $500 for Zoom Whitening, but should be around $200 after insurance. 

Personally,  I'm going to try Crest whitestrips first (I have some in right now) because a) the cost and 2) because Zoom Whitening is so intense, it can leave your teeth very, very sensitive for a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crest white strips really do the trick!
    I'm all dressed up in your words today. Schockedbio.weebly.com
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone.  Yeah definitely considering the over the counter thing first.  Plus my teeth get sensitive pretty easily, so I was worried about the zoom thing too...
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Arm and Hammer Teeth Whitening Boost that I added to Toothpaste every other day.  It helped to keep the whitening even, strips for me kept falling out of place...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dentist is running a special for new patients.  If you are willing to switch dentists he is offering free teeth whitening for life.  He does the mold of your mouth and gives you the bleach treatments.  You get more every time you come in for your next 6 month exam.

http://www.sonorandesertdentistry.com/
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards