Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Rings - Inside or Outside?

So we bought our wedding bands yesterday - YAY!!! - and I'm getting two.  One diamond band and one with my fiance's birthstone.  I've read that you should wear  you wedding ring closer to your heart... but it looks better the other way with my bands.  What's everyone's opinion???

Re: Wedding Rings - Inside or Outside?

• Options
    I have two bands, so they are worn on both sides of my engagement ring, but if I only had a single band I'd wear it the traditional way.  That's my preference and I think it looks odd when the wedding band is in front of the e-ring.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Which ever looks/fits better.

My e-ring and wedding band are too big to be worn together. I wear my wedding band on my right hand and my e-ring on my left hand because they fit better that way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    If you're getting two, then it sounds like one of them will be closer to your heart no matter what.

Unless I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying your e-ring looks better on first, then the diamond and birthstone bands?

I'd wear it however you think it looks best. 

• Options

Are you saying that you think that the birthstone looks best on first, followed by the e-ring, and then the wedding band?  Rather than wedding band, e-ring, birthstone ring?  I'm kind of wondering why that is...if they're both just bands I'd think it would look about the same regardless of which one went on first.

I'd wear the wedding band first.  I've considered getting a second band to wear on top of my engagement ring, but I don't see any way I'd put it on before my wedding band.

• Options
    I don't think it matters. Yes, the tradition is engagement ring on top so the band is closer to the heart.

I always wore mine with the band on top. That's because I got my ER resized, but it was still too big. My band was a 1/2 size smaller, so the band on top helped keep it solid.

Now, because I've gained weight I'm trying to lose, my band doesn't even fit currently, so I'm wearing just my ER. (For the record, my ER looks very similar to a wedding band - a flush channel-set row of same-size diamonds in a gold band.)
  • Options
    I wear the band first, then the e ring. I don't think it matters, it's more about preference.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I wear wedding band then e-ring on top, because I think it looks better that way. But it doesn't really matter. Most people I've seen who have 2 bands tend to do one on top one on the bottom, but again very much a personal preference. 
  • Options
    I wear my wedding band then my e-ring. My band is plain so it just looks better that way, but I think it's personal preference.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards